34 hatt in Panama City Fl

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

thuddddddd

34 hatt in Panama City Fl

Post by thuddddddd »

So I've decided to pass on this boat … flew to Fl and had engine surveys and oil samples done … it's a little rougher than the pictures show .. but not much .. needs canvas , electronics , a really good clean up and some wiring straitened out . It also needs( sooner than later ) motor systems .. water pumps hoses .. bla bla bla …. If someone is in the gulf or even the east coast it would make a great boat .. it's got a lot f non standard things .. new er deck, big rudders and posts, correct shafts, the bulkhead has been replaced .. tower and riggers aren't nasty pitted... If I was much closer I'd have bought it … but … it's 2000 miles away … something like 10k in fuel , plus dockage , plus a captain if I can't get basicly 2 weeks off... and while most of the motor work is DIY .. I'm in New England .. and have to pay retail for work I can do .. and over repair so the risk of issue on the trip is minimized …. oh yea.. and canvas …and a few air flights … it became to much money that would still need paint ect to really make it what it can be..... they have it listed as a 32 .. it's a 34 .. and the market for one like this complete (depending on fit and finish) is 60 to 125k … again if I was close enough to manage the project I'd own it … but I'm not .. hopefully someone here can see past Bertram bias and gets a deal …
I have motor survey and oil tests available

https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1646424/
Carl

Re: 34 hatt in Panama City Fl

Post by Carl »

Not sure if I'm happy or sad for you...but sometimes a good deal isn't so good.
Tommy

Re: 34 hatt in Panama City Fl

Post by Tommy »

Agreed; some of the best deals I ever made are the ones I didn't make.................