Bertram 31 Tooling

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CamB25

Bertram 31 Tooling

Post by CamB25 »

I've been working at Worton Creek over the last couple of days re-working my non-skid. John Patnovic asked about the Bertram 31 site and wondered what happened to Capt Pat's tooling. He might interested in acquiring any B31 tooling that might be available. Phone - (410) 778-3282
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
Bruce
Site Admin

Re: Bertram 31 Tooling

Post by Bruce »

Just about 90% of Pats' tooling was tossed on a first wave clean out after he passed before I got out there.

70% of that needed serious reworking. Last extended visit with him before the wife and I went out to say goodbye, we talked about how much work he needed to do the molds to bring them up to useable. But he didn't have energy. Last two years of his life was a struggle with the maintenance on his property keeping him busy 24/7.

His cistern, water treatment and circulating system he constructed was something else, but it was high maintenance.

I have some tooling buried in a storage trailer, don't remember what it is though. Maybe one day I'll look. Right after I get all 4 motorcycles running...........at the same time.
CamB25

Re: Bertram 31 Tooling

Post by CamB25 »

Bruce wrote: I have some tooling buried in a storage trailer, don't remember what it is though. Maybe one day I'll look. Right after I get all 4 motorcycles running...........at the same time.

Are you joining the circus? :-D

John was just curious. He has many Bertrams in the yard, as usual. In the big house he has the 74 Spencer and a really nice 71 Dettling. I need to get my little 25 out of there quick before it gets run over by all the 7 figure yachts!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi