Deal on 8" Garmin

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

moguls2go

Deal on 8" Garmin

Post by moguls2go »

Hi guys-

A friend turned me on to this deal from Hodges Marine on a Garmin 840 XS at $466 (normally $1,500). We're in the midst of doing a bunch of work to the boat this winter- one item was to update electronics but, as tends to happen, the work list is larger than my budget so this deal was a welcome opportunity for some savings.

I have no association with the retailer or Garmin, just passing on a decent deal for anyone who may be in the market:

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Garmin-MFD ... iramsegdoh
Max
Donmystic1

Re: Deal on 8" Garmin

Post by Donmystic1 »

I just bought the same unit with the downvu transfucer, extension cables for about $750.00

By the way it is a dated model. No longer produced.
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Yes, sorry should have mentioned that!
Max
Donmystic1

Post by Donmystic1 »

And it is probably a remanufactured unit. Which is easy to check by serial number.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Possunt quia posse videntur
incoming

Post by incoming »

They are brand new units. I picked up one from semperfishing when they were $465. He lowered the price the next day to $425. D'oh!!

Anyway, he shipped it quick and it arrived as advertised. I've been using one on my tiara for a while and wanted a second screen to go along with the 7607 on my new-to-me B38. Plenty of real estate on the screen and i prefer the button (vs touch screen) interface in certain conditions.
1985 Bertram 38 / 2002 6CTA 480CE's
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

I bought a Garmin GPS/Radar combo unit from Hodges a year or so ago. Significantly cheaper than any anywhere else I could find and quick delivery... However, after riding in a friends boat who had a map chip from Standard Mapping, (which does not work in Garmin units) I ended up buying a Raymarine for my bay boat just so I could get the chip. Standard Mapping chip is great -- almost as good as cruising on Google maps.
<*)))<