New Yachtworld listing---expensive

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

New Yachtworld listing---expensive

Post by Craig Mac »

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1963/Be ... RedirectTo(TreatAsContent(%27%7b%7bBoat_URL%7d%7d%27))%3d%%
Craig Mac

Re: New Yachtworld listing---expensive

Post by Craig Mac »

and only a fraction of the cost of new construction
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Very pretty boat with the bright work.

A 350K 31 was not uncommon in the 02 to 06 years. Was involved in few, turned down 3.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Gas too...

Really like the interior.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
The 350K asking price is what it would cost to build a new 31 with diesels. Buddy Boy was almost $300K back in the early 2000's she sold back in 2009 or 10 for 150K then again this year for 150K . As a surveyor I have to keep up with what the prices are doing with boats. Like Bruce said the 350K price was not out of line for a complete re-do I know of one that was 400K by the time it was done. Not a bad return for a boat that when it was first introduced in 1961 went for 15,600 with FWC 413 Chryslers and a AM VHF. Today a 3 outboard center console goes for 350K in a heartbeat and it5's not even half the boat that our 31's are.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Dug

Post by Dug »

I will say that this 25' is pure beauty...

https://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/d/2 ... 06824.html
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

350 without diesels go figure. Why?

That 25 is nice. I amusing a mobile so not sure if it is the note pad but I could not find a price on it.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote:350 without diesels go figure. Why?

That 25 is nice. I amusing a mobile so not sure if it is the note pad but I could not find a price on it.

The 25 is 69k

350 without diesels, why?... My guess is that handcrafted woodwork and engineering is far from cheap.

Diesels are important to some...but I know of quite a few people that are strapped in going larger in boats as the smell of diesel is the deal breaker. Between bilge odor and smell of exhaust its not tolerated...even with new tech motors, although much better it is there.
cariedl

Post by cariedl »

The 31 is nice and the other boats under the yard's "resto mod" page of their website are of equal quality, but I agree $350k for a boat with gassers seems outrageous. The comparison to new CC with triples is a difficult one to make in my opinion and I agree with Pete, the pool of potential buyers for a 31 is small and it gets even smaller when many find out they cannot finance the boat or get a bank loan. And, while only a fraction of the price of a new build I would argue most of the people buying those $350k CC are not thinking about keeping these boats for 20+ years (if they last that long), just long enough to finance the fun for a few years or until they move on to whatever is next. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts at that price.

The 25 is nice, but where are the rest of the seats? The time and money spent refitting that boat is obvious, both to the eye and by the asking price, but why only two helm seats in? I get it on the 31, no additional seats necessary with the engine boxes, but for that price I would rather have helm seats with additional stern facing seating and perhaps a collapsable bench across the stern.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

both really pretty boats
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Here's another notable listing: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1966/Be ... aIVH9Pyui4

40 kt (!!) cruise... wow. I spoke with John P. at Worton Creek a few weeks ago about repowering our boat and he mentioned the work he did on this one. Not the boat for me, but impressive nevertheless!
Max