marlin magazine refurbishing a B31

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tom

marlin magazine refurbishing a B31

Post by Tom »

Whilst Punjab from Dell support is working on one of my office computers I was surfing Marlin magazine online. Looks like they are going to redo a B31 and document it there.

http://www.marlinmag.com/other/none/res ... 51293.html
Viva la Presidente!
Capt. Mike Holmes

Marlin 31

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

VERY interesting. Sounds like it will be Joe B. from Bertram actually restoring the boat, Marlin is just going to document it. Where Dave (Ferrel, managing editor) got the idea was from the article I did for him several years ago on rstoring 31's, which Capt. Pat has in the articles section of the website. I even gave Dave a UVI shirt at the time. Glad to see them doing it, but it would be nice if he'd acknowledge my previous article.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Another 31 restoration article.

Name for the new boat, "Reel Creative".
neil

Post by neil »

that was one of the police boats that i looked at in virginia, it was the only flybridge , we got the bahiamar and there was also 3 sedans . the wife wanted to bid on all of them . i told her two is enough neil
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

At least he mentioned this site.....Joe B. is a real good guy and the restore won't lack for ideas from us. He & some other Bertram factory guys were at TSL the same time as us last year and we ragged Joe pretty bad about his cop boat. The idea of Bertram bringing back the 31 as a production boat is probably not in the cards due to bean counter reasons, but this won't hurt. After all, no matter what, no matter who says it, the B31 remains the Hood Ornament of Bertram.

Glad to see it happen, good luck Joe! Oh yeah, put 24 valve 330 electronic Cummins QSB 5.9s in her, a 6.5 'pancake' Phasor 3 cyl. gen set on the outboard side of the port engine, 16K Cruisaire a/c, forget prop pockets, see Awlgrip is a sponsor so use their Awlcraft so you can repair the nicks.......advice is free here.

UV
neil

Post by neil »

uv iam thinking this guys has a big checkbook so chances are it will be done right,my vote is to send it to capt patrick just to make sure regards neil
Harv

Post by Harv »

Hope they get it right in the documentation. It says he bid on the only flybridge cruiser, but from the picture, it looks more like the sportfish.
Harv