You guys ok?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

You guys ok?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The storm hit Eastern LI pretty hard, but where we are didn't have the kind of flooding the TV news has been showing further down the island and in New England. Brewster filled us in on the Shinnecock area. Any word on how you all are would be appreciated. Walter
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

walter
missed the high tide last night, was at work with broken poles in back yards. saw that woodclef ave got flooded preetty good. driving to work this morning the water was about 6"from the top of the bulk head. you had to look up to see the party boats, been in freeport for 15 years and that was the highest ive seen. can just imagine what jones inlet has become.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

No wind over 40 in the city, just 7.57 inches of rain. No trees down on my property, and no interruption of power.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

It was nothing like the tv said it was gonna' be. Yesterday I doubled on the dock lines. The wind was SE and this is not a good place to be but it's my slip. I did see a marine forcast with seas to 18'. The tide was maybe three ft above normal so it was of no consequence. Only 1.5 inches of rain.
A/K/A El Gaupo