Cystic Fibrosis

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Cystic Fibrosis

Post by Harv »

Below is a copy of an email I received from my father and step mother today. This year, as they did last year, they are reaching out to family and friends on behalf of 2 of their grandchildren and the many other children afflicted with cystic fibrosis. This year as last year, I am reaching out again to all the Faithful on their behalf and hope we can get an even bigger and better response than we had last year.

Harvey----Hope you can have your buddies----BERTRAM 31, help as they so beautifully did last year----

Re: Walk-A-Thon, Pr. Pleasant, NJ, May 20th, 2007

Once again our family reaches out to our dear friends and family who give love and prayers so we can
continue to strive towards a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.

Adding tomorrows every day expresses the mission-and results of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's steadfast
efforts to extend the length and quality of life for people with this dreaded disease. Happy to say that life today is far
different than it was 50, 30, or even 10 years ago. More than 40% of the people with this disease are living to average
age of 18 and older.

Our family often thinks of this when we look at Michael and GraceAnne, but we believe in living every day to the fullest
and try to never think of the what ifs. They are happy children and bring us great joy. Because of your generous donations
and prayers, more and more advances in therapies and anti-biotics are being introduced in their daily routine.

We could bore you with all of the therapies from simple mechanical vests to lung transplants, but it I just ask, perhaps
you will again hear me and sponsor our Walk to be held again in Point Pleasant, NJ on May 20th. Last year our team collected nearly $11,000.,we would be happy to match that this year.

Our heart goes out to our dear son and his wife, I asked them once how they muster the strength and fortitude to go on, it is hard for me and Sy, but for the parents it is worse, they both smiled and said, just look at their faces, this tells all.

If you decide----please make all donations payable to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Our cut off date is May 13th, Mothers Day, how fitting is that. The cut off date----is in order to gather and inform the foundation for various bookkeeping reasons, it takes much effort and coordination to gather all the Chapters in one place and run such a happening.

Sincerely, Mary & Sy, people just like you
Mail to---Mr. & Mrs. Sy Friedman
9 Exitir Street
Toms River, NJ, 08757
Harv