FLIR

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

FLIR

Post by mike ohlstein »

I saw a demonstration of this system last night at the fishing club meeting.

http://www.flir.com/imaging//CVS/Applic ... Craft.aspx

Unreal.......

About $4400 and plugs into any network device.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Bill is putting one in my boat next week
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

nice.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Try this if you have one. Point it at the local bar when your pulled up next to it. These things see through material awnings clothing etc....... lots of laughs.

Oh yeah they work good on the water too. Try and get a stabilized version, watching a pitching screen in a pitching boat is to much for some people. Watched a guy leave the companion seat to go lie down after about 10 minutes one night.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Capt.Frank

FLIR

Post by Capt.Frank »

We use them in the fire department looking for people or fire when smoke is too heavy. We use them on the water looking for lost PWC's work great.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Mike,
I got to do a little training with a FLIR scope in a simulation house. Unlike regular NV that is affected by lite, the FLIR was awesome.
Had some one hiding in a corner of a pitch black room and the display was clear and bright.
It was a non cooled unit and sold for 10k and not available to the common folk like you and me.

It would be a great tool for night boating. Not a bad price either.

Both my nephew and youngest daughters boyfriend have used them in fire fighting.
Every fire dept should have at least one.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I have been a self employed consultant in InfraRed Thermography for the past 25 years.. hence the name IRguy. I was a technical sales rep for one of the FLIR Syatems divisions (lived 20 miles from their commercial radiometer headquarters) for many years, and use a high end quantitative FLIR IR camera in my work today. Great for scanning an operating engine to show temps of various surfaces. One major application is SAR, finding people and boats in the water at night, in complete darkness. There are many other boat related applications, such as locating water intrusion into cored hulls and decks, finding poor electrical connections, etc, etc. Also great fun at parties.
Dug

Post by Dug »

IRGuy,

I bet!

D