Fuel Lines and Hose Ends

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Vince Luciani

Fuel Lines and Hose Ends

Post by Vince Luciani »

Hello Everyone,

I am getting ready to install my fuel lines for my repower project. Cummins recommends ½” diameter fuel supply lines with an A-1 rating. That is readily available. However, I would like to have crimped hose end connections as opposed to hose barbs with hose clamps. My problem is that I can’t find anyone who can make me up hose ends which are brass or other non-corroding material. My local NAPA dealer can only provide steel connectors. I don’t have a problem with steel connections at the engine or the filters, because I can see those and maintain those. However, the connections to the fuel tank will be in a pretty harsh environment. (You saw what happened to my steel sending gauge unit). Shouldn’t they be non-corroding?

How did others make up your fuel lines? Does anyone have a supplier for brass hose ends?

As always, your help is much appreciated.

Vince
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I had the same concerns.. found that most commercial/industrial hose suppliers have all sorts of hose ends they can crimp.. I used all brass ends on the hoses I replaced in my steering system rebuild.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Call Montauk Marine Basin 631-668-5900. Ask for Mark or Carl Jr. Tell them Walter Kaprielian suggested you call. Give them the specs and ask for a price. You're not that far away so I'm sure they can UPS them to you. Walter
John F.

Post by John F. »

I've used the Annapolis, MD store a few times. http://www.colliflower.com/
Maybe this will give you a start.

I just replaced the tranny oil cooler hoses on both motors. I realized after the first set was made that I hadn't specified fittings (only that they be made with that really expensive blue hose), and they were made with steel. I was a little concerned--my engine oil cooler hoses were made with brass--then figured that all the old hoses were made with steel fittings and had been on there a loooooong time--the fittings were fine, the hoses were shot. Just a thought. If you want brass, they may not stock the fittings. It'll take a day rather than being made while you wait.

John F.
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

John F. ,
Most Hydraulic stores make them for you in the blue jacket hose that will last the life of your engine. I had some made about 60-70 bucks. I believe in that ballpark. Goodyear hose store did not do it but call anyway . It may be different in your area Dave K
Keep Fishing...
Vince Luciani

Post by Vince Luciani »

Thanks guys for the help!

Vince