Off Topic Post; Food Saver Material

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Peter

Off Topic Post; Food Saver Material

Post by Peter »

I figure among this hale and hearty group of fishin', huntin' and generally good livin' outdoorsmen there must be a few of you with those vacuum packing Food Saver things. After all what do you do when you come home with a boat load of fish or a fresh deer carcass?

I'm looking for a good source for the packaging material. Any ideas? It just galls me that the Food Saver people don't give a decent discount even when buying in bulk.

Peter
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Peter,

Scratch around on Amazom.com & check for what you need... I buy through them quite often & have found their prices pretty good, often far below MSR.

If you have a FoodSaver brand, here's two starting points:

FoodSaver Continuous Roll Bag Material, 11 Inch by 18 Feet (2 Rolls) $10.99

FoodSaver Continuous Roll Bag Material, 8-Inch by 22-Foot (2 Rolls) $10.99

Br,

Patrick
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

You got any Cosco stores? My son buys em there...
Wayne
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the tips, guys. I don't have a Costco nearby, but when I headed up to the city again in a couple of weeks I'll look to see if I'm going to pass one along the way.

Meanwhile I'll check Amazon.

The Food Saver guys actually list individual rolls for far less than a package of a twelve comes out to be per roll. I wondered why/how they did that untill I saw the shipping charges! YOUCH! They really stick it to ya!

I tried plain polyethylene sheet, but it won't pull a good vacuum. Mabe I need to stick a piece of peel ply in there... ;-)

Peter