The Faithful & New 35

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tony Meola

The Faithful & New 35

Post by Tony Meola »

Just received this email about the new 35. In reading it, I see they are now referring to Bertram Owners as Bertram Faithful. Wonder how they came up with that?

Dear Bertram Insider,

During the recent Miami Boat Show, I kept hearing the same request over and over from Bertram enthusiasts. “Tell us more about the details!” Believe me, we know you’re thirsty for all the little details that we are putting into the 35 and you are no longer satisfied with just the big picture here at Bertram. We’re hard at work making this 35 live up to the expectations of the Bertram faithful and the legacy of the brand—and by the way, that’s a pretty high standard. Rest assured that Susan, Earl, Morgan, and the team at Michael Peters Yacht Design, along with myself, eat, breathe and sleep product development. No detail has been left unturned. (Except this Floridian needs to learn to wear socks during Maine winters. Wow!) Keep your ideas coming too, there have been some good ones….and okay, some far fetched ones, but we read them all anyway.

One of the primary areas we’re investing in is tooling. Next time you’re at a boat show, dive into a boat, open lockers, look at corners, and the overall FRP execution. Is the finish out of sight a work of art, or does it appear that the gelcoat was applied with a butter knife? Quality fit and finish and durability are not only reliant on superior craftsmen, but on superior tooling. In fact, the investment in tooling may be the unsung hero of production boatbuilding. Check out the 35 hull being released from the mold in this image. The details of this clean, flawless, stunning new hull are the result of investing in the highest grade tooling possible.

For those of you that did not make it to Miami, we once again had a beautiful 31 on display to remind our enthusiasts, and us, of the Bertram legacy. This time the 31 was a completely, and I mean completely, restored 1973 model. We spent a lot of time at the Boat Show convincing folks that this 31 was not our new 35. And then, we had to break the news that it was not for sale, nor would the owner be interested in doing a similar project for them. Sorry! Let’s just say I will be taking credit for a few ideas that I may or may have not stolen from this flawless restoration. Any guesses on what the name was on this Bertram 31? You’ve got it! DETAILS.

Can I tempt you with one more detail? Besides watching the Kentucky Derby and celebrating Mother’s Day, what are your plans for the weekend of May 5th – 8th? Do you want to see first hand what we’re so excited about? If so, I would like to invite you to our exclusive Sneak Peek Weekend at the Lyman-Morse Boatyard in Thomaston, Maine. We will reveal many of the details about the new 35 and beyond that, you will be the first to see the new 35. It will be in the middle of the production stage, but we wanted to invite our Bertram family to see the new kid on the block. We have a fun filled weekend, with a factory tour, while revealing the boat’s progress. We have been working with our friends and partners to make this an amazing weekend for everyone.

For every possible detail on the weekend, email us at Marketing@Bertram.com. Or, visit us at the Palm Beach Boat Show, Thursday, March 17th at 7pm, Ramp 5, Slip 519.

Sincerely,
Capt. Tommy Thompson
Product Development Manager
Bertram Yacht
1975 FBC BERG1467-315