Bridge seating

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Yannis

Bridge seating

Post by Yannis »

What do you think about these seats for my 28's bridge ? (cpt and mate's seats; not for fishing)
I had them in my 26' Whaler and, as far as I can remember, they were pretty comfortable.
Of course I was 20 years younger and 20 kilos lighter...

I also want them to not be bulky or "show off" items - I want them to fit in the context of a small boat. Also they're quite economical.

Thanx for any advise.

1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
John F.

Re: Bridge seating

Post by John F. »

They look good to me. I have almost the same seats in my B31. The bench seat was not my favorite.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
makomike1

Post by makomike1 »

Yannis , they look good. I have a 28 as well and want to put chairs on the bridge too. How are you going to mount them securely to bridge floor ? Are you going to take headliner down to thru bolt them. I really don't want to take headliner down on fear it may not go back up so easy. Thanks mIke
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Mike,

The thing is, I think there is simply not enough leg room if you mount a pedestal just fwd of the door hatch. I fear you'll be too much forward towards the wheel.
So, I thought, I would keep the portion of the bench steel support, that part which is vertical on the 2 sides of the hatch with its horizontal connecting ss tubes. I will mount on it the seats that will have to be equipped with that sliding mechanism. Just an idea, what do you think?

PS: If you make a hole, say,just of the diameter of the pedestal pole (around 8-10 cm), you can slide under the glass a backing plate that is divided in two halves. This way you avoid ripping off the headliner. I was told that even if you manage to take off the headliner very cautiously without ripping it etc, STILL you will never be able to put it back as it was.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"