boat show pics please

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

boat show pics please

Post by Todd Pearce »

will some one, for the love of all things Bertram,please post some pics of the new 35 from the show , Bertram don't have any photos up on the web site yet , and i am dying to see some pics
Al C
Standing Member

Re: boat show pics please

Post by Al C »

I don't think there is a completed boat yet. I could be wrong but that my impression.
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Be great to see some pictures of the static display 31's at the show.

JR
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

If your on Facebook there are some artist renditions of the new 35.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

So if there's no finished boat, what did they unveil at the show? A mock-up ?
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

There is no finished boat yet... At least that's the official position... What they're doing now and probably at the Miami boat show in February is working on "brand recognition"... They're trying to get the market fired up...
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

There was no completed new B35 at the show.
There was a short promo film that showed a lot about the new boat and gave a lot of history on Bertram.
There was a B31 that was nicely redone.
There were tasty free rum drinks.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Bertramp wrote:There was no completed new B35 at the show.
There was a short promo film that showed a lot about the new boat and gave a lot of history on Bertram.
There was a B31 that was nicely redone.
There were tasty free rum drinks.
You forgot the other members that were there... Speaking for myself I enjoyed meeting you, Pat and Bruce...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Steve is right. The 31 that was behind the small Bertram display was an Elite Marine conversion based in my area and represented by a broker Downey yachts.(obviously up for sale)

It was a nice 31, but that was it. I didn't get some of my technical questions answered and at times I felt I was being eluded or they just didn't know the answers which makes me a little concerned that all the details haven't been worked out yet and will be once the the prototype is done.

The film that was shown in the pouring rain with 75 people under a 12x12 tent with the flaps down still got them excited. I think the main reason was is because the new owners of Buddy Boy(Gator Bait I think) was the LIVE Bertram in the film. They'd shown renderings of the 35 and then go to running shots of Buddy Boy. It was nice to see one's work being show cased.

People still have hope for Bertram but from my perspective of 30 years in the marine industry, I'm not so sure.

They are looking for property for a build site but won't commit till they see some orders.

BTW the answer to the Merrit Island debacle was made clear to me. The Chinese had figured if they bought Ferretti debt, they would own Bertram and thus the deal was made. I pointed this investment out in the thread about Bertram going under. What I wasn't sure of is where the proceeds of the Miami facility went because they never made it to the Merrit Island facility to prop it up.

12 million flowed right back to Italy. How it got split, who knows but I'm sure the China folks got a big chunk. They let Bertram try and self sustain but by then with the economy and bad builds it was too late. Chinese had no heart in Bertram or pretty much anything else they invest it.

Sat afternoon Pat, the wife and I had lunch at Sailfish marina. In walking the docks we came upon one of the Ferretti Bertram boats. I couldn't believe the absolute horrible quality in the glass. It looked like the boat had a severe acne problem as a kid and grew up with a poc marked face.

If anything it was a chance to see old friends and meet new people and talk boats while eating and drinking on Bertrams dime. I met some new guys and it continues to remind me what an outstanding group of people we have here.

It was clear from the enormous center console style boats with 4 and 5 outboards that inboard boats are a tough sell.

Good luck to them, they will need it.
my other east

Post by my other east »

They definitely needed a bigger float for all the people.
Eric Vincent
1974 31 FBC hull # 315-1442
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

my other east wrote:They definitely needed a bigger float for all the people.
especially when it started to rain !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

I met a somewhat knowledgeable representative that told me that the 1st boat ( saw an artist rendering) would probably be built up in New England by spring, 2016 , the owners will retain that boat, the first production boat COULD be available by next years Ft Lauderdale boat show.
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

I am personally pumped to see the new offering from Bertram. Glad to finally see a builder going back to a proven, classic design. They have chosen an impressive designer and capable builder to produce their first boats. I think most of us on this forum agree that this is so much better than the go fast center consoles and, as Uncle Vic put it--"clorox bottles" being pumped out by the production builders. Best of luck to the new Bertram and I hope this is the first of many successful boats for them

JR
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

You're not kidding Jack just went to the designers website, very impressive credentials.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939