Swordfishery

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Swordfishery

Post by Capt. DQ »

http://www.rodnreel.com/guestbook/Print ... RID=585533

Thought this would be interesting for some to read.

So please report your Swordfish catches this year to make sure we keep our quota's as is and not be given to some other country that does not treat our fisheries the same as we do.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Man...That dont make a lick of sense...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Welcome to the government way of thinking.

If ya don't use your quota, then rather than let them breed to create more or grow larger for the next seasons, we'll give them to somebody else.

Not even taking into consideration what Katrina did to the fishing fleet and allow them to rebound.

They do the same thing with budgets. Spend every dollar otherwise they'll be given less money next year rather than let the excess build up to a point to where taxes could be reduced because of budget surpluses.

The only place where 2 + 2 = 7
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

Bruce, I think most of corporate America uses that moronic system. In fact, probably any place where you spend someone else's money and have no responsibility for the result, use it. The end of every year our management team rushes to spend EVERY CENT of the budget, many times using poor decisions to do it. But there in charge, they must know what there doing. Right? God, are we in trouble.

ScottD
"Hey, If you don't shut up, I'm going to kick 100% of your Ass."
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Back in the 70's when I was actively chartering I had a mate named Ernie Libasci who used to tell me I was nuts tagging and releasing Striped Bass and Sharks and sending all the info in to places like the NMFS, Save-a-striper association etc. "What makes you think that iformation is going to help those fish? The less the government and the commercial companies know about where those fish go, the better off the fish will be". Sure as hell, the government put the NMFS under the Department of Commerce...and all the info went right into commercial hands. Unfortunately, Ernie wasn't smart enough to avoid a drug overdose, but he sure had our fisheries "Management" situation figured out! Walter