Has anyone heard anything about Capt. Dave Kosh?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

Has anyone heard anything about Capt. Dave Kosh?

Post by IRGuy »

Has anyone heard how Capt. Dave Kosh is doing? It has been quite a while since any news was posted.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Last I heard he was planning to go to the Keys Rendezvous. He had gone through a rough set of Chemotherapy sessions but was looking foward to getting to see the guys there. Walter
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Hello Faithful,
Capt Dave here. Well I have good news and bad news. Cancer is going away last time they checked but still one or two more treatments yet. Bad news is the Phlibitis I have turned into a massive blood clot. So naturally like most times things happen on a Friday late when my doctor and others go home so I think they are going to send me back to the hospital to have an umbrella screen put it(it's permanet) in my right leg croutch area to catch and prevent it from going to the lungs or heart. It's moving up my leg now as we speak but very slowly. Past my lower calf now to the hamsting area. So every day I get a shot of Coumadin into my belly and I take one pill orally also. Other than that I fell pretty good. Just walk like Chester. I don't know much more at this point. If it will delay my next round of chemo or not I will not know untill tommorrow at the earliest. I was scheduled for round four this Friday. I hope I am still in the clear for May 11-14 roundevous in Duck Key. I did mange to get into the boat today to play a little with my new anchor winch installation. Got one of those Lewmar 316L SS jobs , free fall . Looks much better than my piece of junk Powerwinch free fall. I sent it back to the factory and they will repair free. I just pay for the shipping. Probably sell it then or keep it for a spare.
That's about it down here. I'm just a pin cushion anymore waiting to get plucked every day but I have too much salt in me to even think about giving in to such minor discomforts of life! Keep the Faith Faithful!
Dave K
Keep Fishing...
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Hang in there Dave, we're thinking about you.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
makomike1

Umbrella procedure

Post by makomike1 »

Capt't Dave, that procedure is nothing to worry about. I work in a hospital and we dot that procedure all the time. The name of the procedure is IVC FILTER placement. You will not feel any thing. They use lidocaine (like when you go to the dentist) to numb the groin, and after that you should not feel anything else. this is in used to prevent any clot going to the lungs causing a pulmonary emboli. If I can find one that we use to show patients would you like to see it?
Best of luck
Michael
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Capt. Dave, Best of luck with the procedure. Mike makes it sound not too bad and blocking the movement of clots is a good thing!

Thinking of you.
br,
JohnD
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Capt. Dave: Just want you to know we are thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Tom
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Hang in there, Dave, you'll see it through in good shape...

Br,

Patrick
JK

Post by JK »

Dave-

Sent you a PM.

--JK
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Kind of like the little umbrella you get in your rum punch!! Good luck Dave!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Hang in there.. and let us know how things are going. Will be thinking of you and sending you good vibes!
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Well looks like my blood clot is pretty much gone. They still have me on blood thinners (Warifin) but I can walk now without pain. Just got my portable pump off my side today for my 4th chemo treatment . Whew! So I'm a little under the weather now but in a week to 10 days I should be right back in the thick of most things. Take care Faithful and the support has been phenomenal from you guys. Dave K
Keep Fishing...
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad to hear it Dave!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Sounds good Dave, keep us posted.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Dave-Glad to hear your clotting problems have been resolved so you can proceed on your chemo. I just got back from my second hip surgery on Friday and am slowly but surely recovering, but it's small time stuff compared to what you've been dealing with. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. A couple of days on your boat will be the best treatment of them all! Walter