Holding tank in the V-berth

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John Vyn

Holding tank in the V-berth

Post by John Vyn »

I remember seeing an article about building a holding tank in the forward part of the v-berth. Can anyone direct me to that article?
Also what is the down side of plumbing a holding tank system in rigid PVC, black like the household sewer line?
1972 Bertram 31 Hull 1018 "Knot Again!" - new to me July 2014
bob lico

Re: Holding tank in the V-berth

Post by bob lico »

FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!! see above post, waste get piped in Pirelli black sanitation hose (good for life) to holding tank adjacent to starboard engine and from tank to whale valve one for pump out the other directly under tank to sea at ocean beyond 3 mile limit. i put my hand on the stove and burned it why the hell should anybody on this board make the same stupid mistake.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
longfin

Post by longfin »

I have my Vacuflush pump and vacuum tank in the V-berth and the holding tank and Macerator outboard of the STB motor. There is zero smell which is one of the reasons I went with the Vacuflush in the first place because I wanted a fresh water head. The only time the Y-Valve is in the tank position is when I'm in Avalon anyway.
Mack

Post by Mack »

I installed a vacu flush about 12 years ago in my sport fish. Pump is behind the fridge on the starboard side. Holding tank is in the v berth also on the stbd side. No smell.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

mack i went thru hell making the ladies enjoy the boat i am just venting frustration from not doing the installation the way i explained in my post from the very start. i use the common white pvc sanitation pipe at first with plastic toilet and was hammered by the girls so i learn quickly. now there is only 6" of pipe out the back of the Jabco toilet thru bulkhead and into engine compartment. just one of those jobs you want to do once and forget about it.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473