Generator's Bad! Help please.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Hal

Generator's Bad! Help please.

Post by Hal »

The 3 cylinder Kubota / Phasor 7kw Genset on Southern Breeze failed immediately prior to our little accident and now that she's back in the water we have begun trying to figure it out. Anyway, all 3 cylinders were full of water and rusted. The headgasket appears fine and the valves need to be redone, but we don't know about the parts to rebuild her.

If any of you guys have any thoughts or figures, Id appreciate it. I'm quite confused as to how it could have happened. The genset is mounted well above the waterline under the forward floor of the salon. It exhausts out of the starboard side and has run perfectly since installed in 04. WHen it originally stopped, it had been running and stalled. After an hour or so of running, we went downstairs and started it again and it failed again after another 15 minutes.

The following day, we pulled up to the guest dock at a new restaurant and as their deckhands stood ready to throw us lines, we ran over a giant piece of concrete they had failed to remove from the old pier and tore up the wheel, strut and shaft so after 6 months of fighting with insurance adn repairs, here we are.

Thanks.
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Ouch
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E