Anyone use a product called Propspeed?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Anyone use a product called Propspeed?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I took a set of wheel to be reconditioned and they recommended a product called Propspeed to keep my props and running gear clean. I went to Propspeed.com for input. It seems to be an international company with only two distributers in the U.S. Any experiences with it or it's parent company would be appreciated. Walter
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Hi Walter,
The new InTheBite has an article on Musselbuster looks good but who knows. Down side is it takes two days to apply and has to be kiln cured.
Rob C
"sometimes you go 8 sometimes you hit dirt"

Rob C
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

I know two guys that use it and both say it works great. I'm using "mussel buster" and that also works. The propspeed looks like they painted a thick coat of varnish on the props. The mussel buster looks like a grey epoxy coating. Guy I know has had the propspeed for almost years now, and says it is still doing its job. Both will wear off a bit on the prop edges with use, but generally nothing wil stick there anyway
"Who," Galileo asked, "would dare assert that we know all there is to be known?"
nic

Post by nic »

We are using Propspeed Walter and so far so good. The primer goes on one day and the top coat the next, doesn't need to be kiln dried and yes it looks like yellowy varnish. It only works well if you use your boat a lot as it relies on throwing all early slime and growth off the blades before it gets a chance to "bite". I understand it won't work if you have long periods idle. Another excuse to go fishing.

Nic
Last edited by nic on Mar 4th, '07, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
RussP

Post by RussP »

We have it on our props and it woks great. It's expensive and has to be applied exactly to the instructions or it'll fail.

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish