Damn auto spell check

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Damn auto spell check

Post by Bruce »

Todays funny....

Anyone who uses their phone to text has experienced this. Sometimes in funny and not so funny results depending how the SC corrected the message:

A man received the following text from his neighbor:
I am so sorry Bob...... I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess.

I have been helping myself to your wife, day and night when you're not around...... In fact, probably more than you.

I do not get it at home, but that's no excuse.

I can no longer live with the guilt,....... and I hope you will accept my sincerest apology with my promise that it won't ever happen again.

The man, outraged and betrayed, went into his bedroom, grabbed his gun, and without a word, shot his wife.

A few moments later, a second text came in: Damn auto spell!
It should read "wifi, not "wife..."
Carl

Re: Damn auto spell check

Post by Carl »

Cute...hope ya don't mind that I just stole the joke.

You think spell check is bad...had a customer send me a text he dictated while driving. Apparently he never had it read back to him before sending. It was interesting to say the least...I asked if he had a liquid lunch and needed a ride someplace as I didn't think he should be driving. He called me shortly after for an explanation, he wasn't drinking and thought my comment wasn't funny. I asked him to read his text, brief silence then he burst out laughing.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I sent one to my sister last week that was supposed to say "I am standing in the kitchen talking with my mother and nephew.", but it came out " I am standing in the kitchen naked with my mother and nephew." Not good!!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Rawleigh wrote:I sent one to my sister last week that was supposed to say "I am standing in the kitchen talking with my mother and nephew.", but it came out " I am standing in the kitchen naked with my mother and nephew." Not good!!!!
LMAO...
Yes, it is worse when the message actually makes sense...but wrong.
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Personally, I am quite sure there are a bunch of MIT nerds that wrote this stuff on purpose. Sorta like the old Mad Libs things.
Scott Traenkle