Renegade Mike

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tony Meola

Renegade Mike

Post by Tony Meola »

Anyone here how Renegade Mike made out with the storm down in cabo?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
IRGuy

Re: Renegade Mike

Post by IRGuy »

Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Wow, that is bad!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I saw the Renegade Mike floating this morning on a facebook post he put up! Lots of pangas sunk and a few others with nothing but the towers above the water line. One boat sitting on the landing with nothing more than the bow touching the water line at the ramp. Cabo is a mess! I also spoke with my friends at Redrum and all their boats came out unscathed as well as their homes and office. The colonies up in the barrio are devastated though and those poor people with dirt floors now have less than nothing. Its ugly. The Policia are standing guard at the grocery stores merely to keep people from getting hurt while they loot not to stop them from looting.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

The Cabo Airport, a shot at the boat ramp down town and the entrance of the marina near the charter fleet docks.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Just add Cabo to the long list of places who's residents and officials didn't seem to take the threat of a hurricane seriously.......until one hit.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

What a mess. That had to be one heck of a strom.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

From Renegade Mikes Facebook.

RenegadeMike Tumbeiro
1 hr ·
Just got cell and Internet at the marina. Still nothing at my house. I am doing okay. Have generator power and plenty of food and water. All the retail stores got looted including Costco. The real concern now is home invasions. Most nieborhoods have set up night time watches. I have a Rottweiler and street mutt that are protecting me and my family.
Lots of disparate people rooming the streets. Banks have not opened and most were damaged due to their big windows blown out. Have not seen any food relief trucks yet but word is they are on the way.
With all the devastation not sure when cabo will be up and running. This new storm (polo) is looking like it will miss us by plenty. Will try and post again tomorrow.

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad to hear that he is doing as well as could be expected.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I have a co-worker who went to Cabo for her honeymoon -- she managed to get cell service yesterday. She was told the Mexican Millitary is protecting the 20,000 plus americans that are trapped there currently. That must be conforting! She said the airport is destroyed, looting everywhere, and it stinks to all hell. So far she doesn't have a way home, yet.

Tom
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Man that sucks about her honeymoon!! Stories to tell the grandkids! Maybe she could hire Mike to run her up the coast!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Rawleigh wrote:Man that sucks about her honeymoon!! Stories to tell the grandkids! Maybe she could hire Mike to run her up the coast!!

Apparently there will be no worries about a birth coming anytime soon -- they haven't had any alone time, lol!
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

TailhookTom wrote:Apparently there will be no worries about a birth coming anytime soon -- they haven't had any alone time, lol!
She wouldn't be the first bride to have a bun in the oven when the nuptials took place... Just saying :-)))
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

From Mikes FaceBook

RenegadeMike Tumbeiro

Some areas already getting power so it should not be long before we all have it. Drinking water is starting to be available in areas. Plenty of gas stations are open. Seeing more and more military around and lots of electrical workers. Heard over 4000 electrical poles went down.
Things are slowly getting better. Marina staff starting to clean up the marina area. Lots of debris in the water. Once power is restored through out the rebuilding process will start. Food should start to pour in here real soon if not already.
It's going to be a long rebuilding to get back to what was cabo but it could of been much worse. I would say most charter boats are okay. Just asked marina staff about fuel dock and they say no major damage.
This will be the longest time I have not been out fishing in many years. Can't wait to be out on the open ocean again. Thanks to many of you that have offerd to send me money. I am okay for now. Please be patient on cancelletion deposits. It might be at least a month before I can get some cash flow going.