Diving the gulf of Naples

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Diving the gulf of Naples

Post by Bruce »

Heading over to Italy and the Gulf of Naples area soon and trying to get my dive trips arranged. (really just trying to avoid the tourist shopping trips on land everyone else will be doing)

Anyone have experience diving around Procida, Ischia, Capri, Positano, Praiano and Sorrento and have recommendations to see or stay away from. Many of the dive boards I've been to are like reading a review on Amazon. One guys likes it, the other hated it. Or the typical, never been there but want to some day thumbs up.

Got 7 days in the area, plenty of access to boats with no scheduling needed ahead of time.
tjhartsr

Re: Diving the gulf of Naples

Post by tjhartsr »

while i have not dived in italy we have been to naples and near by sorrento .Sorrento and naples are in a big cove and vis did not seem that great . Capri ,an island about 20 miles off naples by ferry was beautiful and clear waters .wife almost got robbed getting on the train from rome to florence by a nicely dressed college type girl .and saw lots of disappearing pocketbooks and cameras.other than being aware of strangers , good fun .give us a report when you return .thanks tom
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Tom,
Thanks. The theft issue in public areas is pretty bad and nothing is done to curb it which is why I won't be doing day land trips and sticking to the water instead.
One tender will be shuttling family back and forth to land, the other is mine to dive off of.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Hope you got a dive buddy, Buddy...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

My nephew dives, so does sister in laws brother I think but the captain is a PADI dive instructor and a few members of the crew are dive masters and will be available at my request as a partner I am told when ever I want to dive.

Here's that tactical go pro mount I made with spare parts. Worked good and good balance under water.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Enjoy!
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe