Back in the Fold

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

DanielM

Back in the Fold

Post by DanielM »

Gentlemen,

It looks like I'm a Bertram owner again. It's been quite a while.

I ran across Capt. Pat's web site back in about 2001 just after I purchased a twin inboard B25 project boat and I have followed along with the fun on this site since that time.

However about 11 or 12 years ago I had a weak moment and purchased a 1975 30' Chris Craft Tournament Sport Fisherman. I restored the CC TSF over several years and unfortunately the B25 had to go to a new steward many years ago.

But now I've seen the light and returned to the Bertram clan with the purchase of a B26 outboard model.

The boat is the 1984 26' outboard model with twin 1997 200 hp Johnsons. It is in need of a significant amount of TLC and I'll be working on it over the winter to try and get it ready for next summer.

The boat belonged to a friend I met through John Cranston that some of you might know. He was John's long time fishing buddy Eddie Tovar. Eddie passed away unexpectedly earlier this year and I bought the boat from his parents, some very fine folks.

Like I said Eddie was John's long, long term friend and fishing partner, and one of the few people I've met that liked to fish as much as John. He had some mechanical problems with the boat 3-4 years ago and wasn't able to do much with it since that time, so like I said it will need a fair amount of TLC. I hope to make Big Eddie proud with what I do with the boat, as it was very much his baby.

So I look forward to picking your brains periodically as I get time to work on the boat. I'll put up some pictures once I get moving on it but unfortunately due to other endeavors it will probably be in the fall before I really get to do much with it.

Best Regards,

Danny
Last edited by DanielM on Jul 19th, '14, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Re: Back in the Fold

Post by MarkS »

Right on Danny! Big Eddie will be happy you are the new steward! Wasn't it a fuel related problem. I remember towing him back up the canal all the way from the bridge with John's flats boat when we were there to take Mara to MD Anderson. Good luck and hope to see it up and running one of these next winters when we make it down!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tony Meola

Re: Back in the Fold

Post by Tony Meola »

Danny

Welcome back. Good luck with her.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315