Bow Cleat lense??

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Bow Cleat lense??

Post by scot »

Where can you get replacement lenses for the bow cleat?

Thanks
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Bow Cleat lense??

Post by CaptPatrick »

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Pete Fallon

Re: Bow Cleat lense??

Post by Pete Fallon »

Scott,
Which type are they? The round ones with the flange on the bottom or the ones with the fluted glass Fresnel style, like a half moon shape.
If they are the round ones that drop in from the top they are available from Boat Owners Warehouse in Riviera Beach, Florida I don't know where you can get the half moon shaped ones. The round ones may have to be modified a little bit on the bottom flange, I took a angle grinder and sanded the lip down until it dropped into the hole on the bow chock. I replaced the entire guts when I did it, after grinding down the lens, I replaced the sockets with new ones from NAPA, they take a standard tail light socket, got a couple of spongy washers the kind that come inside a stack of CD/RW disks from Staples. Then I took some clear silicon and sealed the bottoms around the socket bases, inserted the lenses added more clear silicon on the top of the lenses to keep them from moving around and then put in new 1" stainless steel caps (the type you use to plug up the hole around a stainless steel sink near the sprayer if your not using one, (Home Depot or Lowes)). Put it all back together, it was around $40.00 for everything including the silicon. It's been in my boat since 1997 without a failure, I checked them Thursday and they were working.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61