Bar Top

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt.Frank

Bar Top

Post by Capt.Frank »

I have started brewing beer again and built a bar. My wife insisted on a pice of tin from her grandfathers barn for the top. Well I want to pour epoxy on top. My problem is I have a bar drain tray that I want to be flush in epoxy. I need to be able to remove it to clean. I thought about tape and wax? any ideas? I'll try to post pictures later.Image
Does this help
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Preston Burrows

Re: Bar Top

Post by Preston Burrows »

if I'm reading your post correctly.......... form/block out the drain tray's area and pour your epoxy over the bar top, then remove the form/blocking and insert the drain tray in the unepoxied area.

Alternatively, if removable 'forms' or 'blocking' is too challenging release wise from the epoxy block out the drain area with permanent wood trim dimensioned to the drain tray's area, pour your epoxy and insert the drain tray in the unepoxied area.....
Preston Burrows
1976 B28 FBC
BERF1398M76J-285
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Frank, I agree with Preston make block the size of drain wrap in wax paper, drill hole from underneath and give it a tap or two after
The epoxy has cured. Bh
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Thanks guys. That what I plan to do seal top with 1/16" seal coat. Place plug covered in wax paper and pour final coat of Epoxy. I'll post pictures when finished.
1976 FBC
3208 NA