About Easter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Yannis

About Easter

Post by Yannis »

Early in the morning on Easter Sunday, a local is starting the fire in the huge 7 position bbq, to accommodate all lambs for almost the whole village's needs.

The wood already discharged in the bbq, a second round brings the lambs prepared the previous evening ready on the spit.

The fire being too hot, the man "dresses up" the lambs with alu foil to protect them from burning. The one still on the truck is smaller and will be put on the fire a bit later. After 3-5 hours (depending on the fire temp, the distance of grilling from the charcoal bottom and the animal's weight, everything is ready. Add to this a barrel of wine and all other local delicacies and you know why it's difficult to concentrate to send this message, even today, one day after... Happy Easter everyone.

1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Re: About Easter

Post by MarkS »

Thanks for sharing Yannis!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
John F.

Post by John F. »

Thanks for sharing. Very cool.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Carl

Post by Carl »

That is just plain mean showing us BBQ lamb without a taste...

think maybe I just got a wiff....mmm
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Damn....

Gotta go there one day.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

We enjoyed leg of lamb on Saturday (since I had to travel for work on Sunday) but it didn't look as good as that!

Tom
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Thank you boys.

Whoever is interested, I can provide a similar feast in a similar place anytime. Just spell the desire and I'll do the rest.

Notice that the first attempt on the hot crunchy skin is taking place on the truckbed (with the fingers that is).

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

That makes me hungry!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Hello Janis... That looks so good I just might do next year's Passover in Greece...

We did one a couple of years ago in Larnaca, Cyprus... Then we did one on Rhodos... Before that we used to go to Izmir or Antalia (Turkey) but since Erdogan showed his nasty side I have decided to take my money elsewhere... It's not like Bulgaria or Greece are that much more expensive or that much farther away from Ben Gurion Airport... 2 hours by air or less and I'm on your door step...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Sure do Nav,

Just tell me if you want sea or mountain, lamb on the spit or in the clay pot or buried with charcoal, what type of fireworks, if you want antiquities within walking distance or not, the lot accompanied by red eggs, kokkineli wine and local music. Bring your good spirit and leave your watch at home. Best is to be around by good Thursday through Easter Monday included. First and last night in Athens, the two middle ones at the chosen spot. All shops and perhaps museums and stuff chain-locked on Friday am, and Easter Sunday and Monday. Usually not a Bertram vacation as it is too early in the season, next Easter is yet earlier on the 12th of April.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Now all that is tempting. You need a week to recover.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Tony,

Good point.
The thing is to have recovered at least partially, so that you don't miss the flight out and that you're accepted on board !
For those who don't have a flight to catch, to at least guarantee themselves that they will be alive for next year's Easter to copy/paste the same.