31 Express must go

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

31 Express must go

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
Someone out there must want a 31 express, I have to make her go away, as most of you know I am having my 4th knee replacement in a few weeks and I am not going to be able to use the boat for at least 6 months. The boat is listed at 3OK with a broker, call me and any reasonable offer will be considered. She's almost ready to splash, pictures on request.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Navatech

Re: 31 Express must go

Post by Navatech »

Can it be seen somewhere on the web?!...
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

1976 FBC
3208 NA
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
The engine boxes are now the single piece style from Marlins 31', 3 new group31 lead acid batteries in January 2014, all the sea cocks have been replaced last year with Groco bronze ball valves and under water strainers and new hoses, 110v and 12v panels are new 4 years ago all breakers Blue Seas and Paneltronics, V berth liner is white foam backed vinyl done 2 years ago, lots more has been done to this boat, I have owned her for 36 years and have redone everything on the boat at least once. All she needs is paint on the cabin house, forward decks and around the cockpit gunwales. The hull was re-gel coated in 1994 and still looks great, only 2 coats of Sea Hawk ablative bottom paint since 1998. Your not going find a 31 that is in this good of condition anywhere for this price.
Pete Fallon
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
I have not got a bite on the boat. I've got less than 2weeks until I get my knee replaced, I really need the boat to be sold. Here is a one time offer good until this Sunday at 8:00PM. I am reducing the price to 25K, no broker involvement contract is over. Deal with me directly.
Pete Fallon
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Pete, I'll email my friend in the Bahamas that was looking for one. I think an Express or Bahia Mar is best for him as he has bad knees or ankles and would not climb to the flybridge.
Steve
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Steve,
Thank you, It is an ideal boat for someone with bad knees that's why I have owned her for all these years. I hate to let her go but I have to, haven't been able to use her and it's not good having a boat sit for a long time, everything goes to pot real quick.
Pete
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Pete, I sent him the link on this site. I heard from his Captain that he was going to call you. I hope the phone number on that link is still good.
Steve
Steve Marinak
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Steve,
My cell number is 561-310-7179 Have him call me.
Pete Fallon
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Pete,
OK I will forward it. I also send him the link to the article on Ed Murray's Finest Kind. I think that's a great article exploiting the virtues of an Express.
Connect the dots when you speak to him, I recall you fished with Ed.
Steve
Steve Marinak
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Steve,
I knew Ed Murray for over 30 years before he died in 2003, fished along side him and Frank for years out of Gloucester, they used to spend more time drinking in my cockpit because it was larger than the Merritt's. The only problem was that between all the people, the beer cans and the vodka bottles my scuppers used to go under water, almost sank the boat at the dock one drunken night. I haven't heard from the guy in the Bahamas yet, only a few more days left at the 25K price, then it goes back to 30K. How's your boat doing, getting any use out of her, or are you working too much.
Pete Fallon
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Guy's,
I posted a while ago about some of my rods and reels that I had for sale, Charlie Johnson was going to buy them but he had something come up and he had to cancel out. Well, I still have them, 4 Shamano TLD 20's with custom Chaos aluminum straight butt rods, the rods are roller tips and have a stripper roller guide near the real seat they are 66'' long custom made to fit upright inside the console of my old Jupiter 31. They are like new, no line on the reels, first $600.00 takes them, I also have 3- 7' Star spinning rods with Shamano 6500 bait runners in great condition $300.00 and a ElectraMate 12v Kite rod and reel with Penn 114H reel, line and clips and 4 kites for different winds, red, yellow & white all 4 kites and kite rod/reel for $350. Excellent condition. Time to get some gear for the summer bite.
Pete Fallon
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
I had to cancel my surgery for a couple of weeks due to unforeseen problems. I will let you know when the surgery is going to take place, looks like maybe the middle of May by the looks of things. Nobody has taken me up on the sale of the boat for $25K, I am extending it until she sells. The rods and reels are still on the market also see post before this one. Your not going to find a running 31 for this price anywhere, just added a new VHF antenna this weekend.
Pete Fallon