The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Latest on Donor Graphic and such...

Post by CaptPatrick »

OK, guys...

Spent the weekend working out some ideas that will hopefully bring this discussion closer to completion.

First, as you'll notice, theres a screaming "Donation Graphic" across each and every page. I tried to make it so that it took up as little real estate as possible. Clicking on the graphic leads to a blurb page which links on to a page with all the pertinent information. I designed the pages primarily for those who haven't donated in the past or forgotten the info. Those of you who are regulars don't really need the redundancy, but you're welcome to go through the drill.

The donation goal bar graph will be updated weekly to show the progress. It isn't self adjusting but isn't difficult to manually manipulate.

While the current majority of voters on the Poll Post are either in favor or ambivalent about the donor graphic under the names, there are enough that are offended by the display that I decided to dump the grapic/text insertion. This was also prompted by the many comments in the two discussion threads.

I will however keep the Donor Group as a special place for those of you who have donated. I'll drop the graphic by the names and continue adding members as they donate. I'll also keep the Donor Group pruned. Each January I'll review each member and if there's more than 12 months since their last donation, I'll remove the member from the group, but only to add them back to the group when and if a new donation comes in. In other words, every member shown within the group has made at least one donation during the past 12 months.

Dollar amounts have not and never will be disclosed or discussed. Even when I send out a "thank you" note, don't even mention the dollar amount to the donor.

There are two ways to access the roster for the Donor Group. 1. On the board index, under the users online ,(Registered users:), there is a Legend: and the Donor Group is linked there. 2. By clicking on a user's name you are carried to their Profile. On the Profile Page, there is Group drop down box which all members have since every registered user is in the Registered users Group. Donors will have their own group. Selecting an option from the drop down, and clicking the GO button will take you to that group.

Well, I probably missed something in this post, but if so it'll come to me later or ya'll will ask about this or that...

I'm gonna' go take a break!

Best regards to All,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Rocket

Re: Latest on Donor Graphic and such...

Post by Rocket »

Love it Patrick, let's hope it helps us achieve the goal of supporting the site harmoniously.

I think the harmony and mutual respect is truly what sets this site apart.

Am I correct in thinkink that you are 35% toward your stated goal of $7,000, meaning we need to raise an additional $4,500 or so?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Rod,

Thanks!

The actual amount received as of yesterday is $2,850... 9 months to reach another $4,150. Historically, once there has been a mention on the site about donations, the first 3 months see the bulk of the donations sent, and the frequency tapers off from there.

I may, in a week or two, scrub a lot of the recent conversations about donations & graphics, so that the board can settle back into it's "pre-donation conversation" level of activity. I don't think anyone, other than maybe Bruce, understands just how difficult it is for me to talk openly about money, especially about money I get for not physically sweating over the work bench to produce.

I set the goal amount at $7,000 which is the amount it takes to adequately cover all site related expenses.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Patrick, I have a similar aversionto asking for help even when I need it and no one really knows how much I need it and they would be happy to help if I would only ask.

So, we need to find $4,150, then we can stop talking about this for a year. This should be doable. I sent you $131 . I am commiting to another $179 to make it an even $310 !! I will get this to you before the end of the week.

That means we need 40 more people to send in $100 each or even a few who have more resources to spend what they would on a days fishing and this thing would be done in no time at all.

As Pat says, donations come in quickly at the outset of a campaign and taper off as time goes by. Let's get on with it so we can stop talking about it so Patrick does not have to ask.

We would not want him to take his ball and bat and go home to leave us crying alone in the sandbox!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Thanks, Rod!

LOL! The members own the balls and bats.... It'd be the sandbox I'd leave with.

Hey, Mike, does this get me onto the Mean Team?
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Great final total Rocket..fitting..look for mine as well Capt Pat..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

CaptPatrick wrote:Historically, once there has been a mention on the site about donations, the first 3 months see the bulk of the donations sent, and the frequency tapers off from there.
Personally, I wouldn't mind quarterly donation drives...
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

CaptPatrick wrote:Thanks, Rod!

LOL! The members own the balls and bats.... It'd be the sandbox I'd leave with.

Hey, Mike, does this get me onto the Mean Team?

No, you're too good natured.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Dug

Post by Dug »

I'm gonna have to step it up...

Pat, it helps to know how much the expenses add up to, and how much you have received so far. Truly.

Dug
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Dug wrote:Pat, it helps to know how much the expenses add up to, and how much you have received so far. Truly.
I think it would also help to know how many active members we have... That way we can figure out what the donation should be... Of course, nothing prevents people from donating more and if somebody doesn't have the ability (or wish) they can donate less... If nothing else, it would indicate to donors whether they "covered" their "dues" or not...
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Because you have absolutely nothing to do Patrick. :)

It might be helpful if the red gauge indicated where we are on the cash flow Richter scale. Like currently are we at $3275.00 ish?
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Just over the 3k mark now.....
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

I was able to collect a donation via my paypal account from someone outside the US. I will leave them nameless, anyone else that would like to do so feel free to email me.

Pete
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939