Fishing out of Cabo

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

RussP

Fishing out of Cabo

Post by RussP »

Linda & I are heading to Cabo for a last minute vacation and want to fish one of the 31's down there. Has any of the faithfull been down there and have a recomendation. Were leaving Monday morning and hanging for a week.

Thanks,
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Russ

Post by Russ »

Russ, we fished Cabo last year in February. Fished the Pisces Fleet.They have 5 or 6 31 berts to fish on. We did 2 full day trips with them. Great crews and most of them speak enough english to have good communication with them. They pack you a lunch and soda and beer. Full day trip cost 580.oo US dollars, which includes fishing licenses which you need. The first day we caught 6 striped marlin, second day we caught 7. They troll till they get them up, then pitch em live one. Trip also includes live bait. They book up pretty quick so you might want to give them a call and book before you arrive. Number is (619) 819-7983. Good luck, catch em up! Wish I was going! Russ
thereheis

cabo

Post by thereheis »

if you go fish with menivera fleet
they have some of the best 31's around and fast and very good crew..they won top baot last year in the rolex challange we fished,,

phil
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Russ,
I have been there many times and have always fished with Pisces. They have 4 great 31's, of which my favorite is Tracy Ann. Her captain, Julio Castro won awards for the most stipeys caught in the world three years in a row,(03, 04, 05 i think)
With that said, I have a friend who lives in Cabo who swears by the effort and boats Redrum charters uses, and I though my next trip down I would give them a shot. The downside is they have no 31's and only one Bert, a 33. here is a quote from my friend he uses on another website regarding Redrum. I figure he lives there and fishes a ton, he should know who works hard for you and who washes lures. best of luck,
Mark
Cabo is the Marlin capital of the world and the fishing is nothing short of spectacular. as you might expect there are several great fisning out fits. everyone of the fisherman on the forum has a favorite and i have fished with most all of them but my favorite is RedRum they offer an all inclusive approach which is turnkey, the boats are fast, spotless, the tackle and baits are the best, the crews are motivated and work hard to get you on the fish. everything is included, lunch,livebait,freezing of your catch, a voucher for a meal made with a portion of your catch at a local restaurant. its a good deal and the people who run this outfit are first class. other good companies are Pisces, Picante, ElBudster, Gavitoa, Cabo Magic. hope you have a wonderful trip and catch the big one!
http://www.redrumcabo.com/
RussP

Post by RussP »

Thanks for the replies. Were going to fish with Pisces, full day charter with everything included is $630.00 and they have a US phone number. I think we'll fish the 31 two days and catch a ponga for the other days. They are on the back side of the full moon and the Marlin bite is heating up.
Cheers,
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish