All I can say is thank God it doesn't snow in Florida

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

All I can say is thank God it doesn't snow in Florida

Post by Bruce »

Fargo, ND – Local resident Todd Fox has been detained for “reckless endangerment” and “illegal use of high-powered fire-breathing weaponry” for attacking snow with his flamethrower. Fox reportedly became so fed up with the week-long blowing snow epidemic in his area that he decided to KILL IT WITH FIRE.

The neighborhood was treated with quite a show last night as Fox unleashed an inferno upon the mountainous snow palace that was his front yard. Neighbors to his immediate right and left noticed a bright orange cloud and could hear what they thought was “puff the magic dragon spewing mayhem all over hell,” which prompted one of them to notify police.

Fox stated that he was simply “fed up with battling the elements” and that he did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull shit.”

Police say that Fox surrendered his efforts immediately upon their arrival and that his front yard “looked like a hydrogen bomb had gone off.” They think he was just happy to be done with snow removal, even if it did mean a trip to jail.

- See more at: http://neighborshame.com/fargo-man-arre ... XIGEA.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pete Fallon

Re: All I can say is thank God it doesn't snow in Florida

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
The rednecks down here would have never thought of doing something like that, they would rather shoot it away and the ex Northerners would go into a complete panic mode. I can just see the Palm Beachers stocking up on snow blowers and rock salt. Ovay.
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Well I'm hoping it won't snow in Florida cause' I'm slowly working my way down there. Staying for two
mo's. My solution to removing billions of tons of white bull chit. Practicing to say You'al so I blend in,
no one will ever know, he, he!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pete,
Fire and rednecks go together like carver and howdy boating.
If rednecks had an official crest, it would have a blazing inferno as part of it.

I believe after our first snow, the state would be burnt to a crisp.
But I do believe there would be those who would shoot at it hoping the friction of the bullet thru the snow would melt it.

That's about as scientific as we get. And thats only because we've dragged each other behind a truck so many times on various experimental land surfing devices that our burnt butts were friction related.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

C Hansen wrote:Well I'm hoping it won't snow in Florida cause' I'm slowly working my way down there. Staying for two
mo's. My solution to removing billions of tons of white bull chit. Practicing to say You'al so I blend in,
no one will ever know, he, he!
Bruce

Some genius contractor up here was called to fix an ice dam on a customers roof. The fool tried to melt it with a blow torch and set the house on fire.

Chris

I don't know how you and Mark live in that place for the winter. It is pretty cold up here in NJ right now. I would not want to be sitting in Wisconson.

Mark is probably frozen to a lamp post some place up there by now.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Probably, but your not supposed to lick lampposts!
In past years we spent 2 mo's in MX. Things have changed there drastically for the worst.
So testing Fl last year and now again this, I gotta say I didn't find anywhere that had anything close to
fresh fish, Maybe better luck this trip.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Don't know where your staying but Florida abounds with fresh fish.

Yesterday i had venus clams and tile fish for dinner. Fresh as could be.
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

South of Clearwater, don't know anything about Fl just a place that I found that I can afford. I'm used to heading out
from my dock catching din din and filet em' wiggling and the wife has the webber all ready. Of course the water has
to move, I don't ice fish. I do have some standards.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

When I went to the west coast Clearwater area for my first Yanmar service school over 20 years ago and saw a sign on a resturant that advertised fried mullet on a stick, I quickly realized that was not the place to be for good seafood.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

The west vs east coasts of Florida are certainly two different worlds...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

there calling for 3 to 6" of show for Morehead city NC. Looks like I didn't move far enough south. But it's still better that Long Island...Russ the cold

there calling for 3 to6
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Since the Grammys were nothing but a pathetic non-talent adventure, as always, I was surfing through the chanels and what do I find "Swamp Loggers." How is this relevant? Well the boys that were logging down in Florida were using a home made pontoon boat. When the motor wouldn't turn over the builder/captain/diver yells to his buddy, one of the wires must have come off the starting battery, just put it back on. Well, we then find out that he used the same color of wire for everything, and that there were splices everywhere -- so the helmsman follows orders and puts a loose wire back on the battery -- shortly there after the smoke started and he yelled "where the hell is the fire extinguisher?" Owner yells back from the safety of water, "Use the coffee cup, I don't have one, but you would think I would since the boat is built all out of wood."

Frightening stuff.

Tom
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Tony can you pump me some heat up here? Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Paying special attention to the first line!
=================================================================================
5-DAY FORECAST
MondayMonday's Forecast Image
Hi -3 F
Lo -20 F
Partly sunny, frigid and blustery. Day chills -20 to -35... Night chills -35 to -50.TuesdayTuesday's Forecast Image
Hi -2 F
Lo -12 F
Dangerous chills in the morning. Mostly sunny, continued frigid, a harsh wind.WednesdayWednesday's Forecast Image
Hi 14 F
Lo 9 F
Sun, then increasing clouds. Brisk winds, but not quite as frigid.ThursdayThursday's Forecast Image
Hi 19 F
Lo -5 F
Mostly cloudy with light snow.FridayFriday's Forecast Image
Hi 11 F
Lo 2 F
Partly sunny. Colder and brisk.
==============================================================================
Thursday a freeking heat wave with a high near 20*

This is one of the coldest winters I ever remember and its still January. I think I said in an earlier post, January and February can GFT.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Russ, The best part of snow in NC it will be in the 50's on Saturday. The snow will be gone. On LI it never went away for weeks or months.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mark

I know our employees out in Racine are all saying they are working from home because it is too cold to come in.

I say good excuse.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Its Wisconsin they may not show up for deer season, bass opener, bow season, the Packers "special" games, the ball game there kids playing in,
a "good" Brewers game, a tail gate party, etc, etc.... Winnie wimps, Hell I split and stacked over 20 face cords of maple until I couldn't find the logs in the pile
under the snow and ice to yank them out with a chain on my tractor. But then again I'm heading south.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Mark,

I'm currently working from home because my company didn't want folks to come in today because of the 'possibility' of 32f weather and a some sleet on the roads.

Currently it's about 34 and drizzling rain, but I'm safely hunkered down at home, protected from all that possible brutal arctic conditions outside. Working on the laptop.

The Gulf Coast folks get a little weird about ice.

Keep in mind now that we've moved back in town we've got extra room..... if you get a belly full of the cold and want a break you're always welcome. I'll pick ya'll up at the airport.

Later,

Danny
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Oh Danny you're killin me! Of all the years to not be in a financial position to get out of here! Are you back on Suggs? I may have to look at airfare just to see where its at. Do you think Lehann would be pissed if I said I was going ice fishing for the weekend and came down by you all? I would never do such a ..........

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

No we're back in town, that's why we have a little more space. The big boat is out of service but the bay boat is ready to go. Check the air fares, I bet we can make it an inexpensive trip. I'll give you a call.

Later,

Daniel
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Man we need a "LIKE" button!

Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Pensacola, That's FLORIDA isn't it! A wintry mix of freezing rain and snow flurries swept across Escambia and Santa Rosa counties
Tuesday night, leaving thousands of people without electrical power and causing traffic accidents and flight cancellations.
What! thought that didn't happen!
Atlanta is in a state of total panic, They got hit with 1" to 3" of the fluffy stuff!
I'm still in a western burb of Chicago. Waited for the white outs to stop had a 40+ pile up northern Indy, 3 killed over 20 injuried.
Egad I think I'll head back home buy my snowmobile back drill a hole in the ice spread some vegetables around the edge
and wait for a fishy to come up for a pee and then grab him! I think that's how it's done?