Ignorance on my part..

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Got a great fish cake recipe that Neil would probably shoot me for given out ( think we got it from the same guy) but its awesome with striped bass. I'll post here in the next few days. Gotta make a batch to be sure I remember it. Get your pen ready Walter its that good!!!!!
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
randall

Post by randall »

UV...its pavlovian...when you use the word spray as a verb i always expect the next word to be ........................corrosion-X
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Randall..

Good point.. are you sure UV washes his hands before he starts cooking something?
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

I also have one Walter's Top Notch: (The Captain's Cookbook) back a year or so ago when UV was auctioning some of them off for the sandbox and it has a excellent Swordfish recipe in it that is awesome!

Then I learned one from a old cajun gal down in Venice, LA on Pan Seared Wahoo that will as UV says: (Make You Slap Yo Momma) GoooooD..........

Now there are some of you that have never tried (Fresh) Fried Mullet a Southern favorite. This is also good.

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Tell me about the Mullet. My wife is Indian and says what we call trolling bait here is a big-time delecacy in Bombay! Walter
neil

Post by neil »

jp stop by my house anytime this week we made 100 fishcakes and 38 pints of chower. you havent had a fishcake until you have tried mine neil
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Walter,

Mullet can be fried or smoked, but its best if fried and caught fresh mainly with a cast net from a boat or dock or you can buy them at the seafood store (Joe Patti's Seafood) in Pensacola will ship it to you, they have a website also.

They are bottom feeders so that is why say in Louisiana they don't eat mullet because of a muddy bottom. Pensacola Bay and our Bayou's are mainly a sanded bottom with grassey area's too.

Mobile, AL to Panama City, FL on the Gulf Coast is about all the area's your going to find Mullet being eaten, because of our inland bay areas are where they hang out, other than these area's I just said, it is used for bait. Most Seafood Rest. have Fried Mullet on their menu's. Very tasty eating fish when it is fresh caught and eaten fried is the best.

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
scot

Post by scot »

I've watched those goofy looking fish leaping out of the water my entire life and never once considered eating one?? Are they worth eat'in?

Oh, by the way; Happy Holidays from Texas..

http://www.jingleshells.com:80/flash_co ... ntent.html

Scot
neil

Post by neil »

7. Fried Mullet and Cheese Grits is the name of a song from capt sam who iam sure some of you know his music. i couldnt figure out how to send the link. but it is some good fun fishing music neil
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Neil with all that chowda, and fish cakes, how come all you served me was straight vodka in a trey debrell sized insulated cup?