Portable generator

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

That little chinese genny is running like a champ right now. 5 years of absolute neglect and out in the weather, but i agree about servicing it.. it's probably a throw away.
I have a coleman as well for the house. Damn thing needs attention every time it's needed. Always a gas/ carb issue though. easy enough to fix, just a pain in the ass when you have bigger fish to fry.
I'm not selling the chinese stuff, just telling you my experience with one.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

now that you say it if I remember right marine mate stopped selling them because of how many were coming back, I was going to buy one off them at the end of the season for the mobile truck and they pretty much warned me about it. I think the guys who work there have them as well, they seemed to either go bad right away or last.

For the price if it lasts you a few years it serves it purpose, you really dont expect them to last that long, 5 years is great. I had given thought to buying 2 of the smaller lighter units and the parallel cable but decided not to because I had a feeling I would be chasing them around with people borrowing them from me.