montauk/2007

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Room Single Rate 359/night plus taxes, Relax on your private terrace in one of our 107 elegantly appointed guest rooms. Savor the breathtaking views of our harbor and 232 slip marina.
You can have the same view in Riviera Beach with Scaggy Maggie, a crack pipe and two rocks for 75 bucks.

You yankee boys sure do live it up.
RussP

Post by RussP »

The last time I saw Maggie she was with child, I wonder if she is still turning tricks.
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Does Linda know you "SAW" Maggie?
RussP

Post by RussP »

Bruce, it was from a distance and as you know it's hard not to see the local color when cruising in the Rivera.
How are things going down there?
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
neil

Post by neil »

http://www.bertramrendezvousne.com/
thanks to tom ward we already have a web site. iwill be posting dates asap thanks again tom regards neil
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Montauk Flophouse?

Walter, Randall, or any other of our Yankee breathren,

Does Montauk have it's version of a Fort Lauderdale Flophouse in the event some of us budget-minded faithful are able to visit during the event? I realize $359/night is no problem for Bruce, but it's a little steep for the Flophouse crowd that is used to $75/night! Ever since the movie Jaws, I've wanted to visit Capt. Quint's domain.

Tommy
randall

Post by randall »

tommy...andre and vic and a few others stayed in motels that were very close but much less expensive....dont know if UV is home yet , but im sure someone will chime in ....the answer is yes..just dont know offhand
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Tommy,
You funny guy.

The story of the Long Island flophouse

Farmingvile 'day laborer' flophouse landlord arrested in Farmingvile, LI, NY
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longi ... 0621.story
FARMINGVILLE, NY June 20, 2005, 5:11 PM EDT

Suffolk police this morning arrested the owner of a rundown
900-square-foot house in Farmingville that has been home to as many as 64 Hispanic immigrants at a time, each paying $200-$250 a month in rent. Rosalina Dias, 31, of Selden, Long Island, NYwas charged with criminal contempt and criminal nuisance for violating an October 2004 court order barring her from renting out the house. Although officials said it was highly unusual to arrest a landlord, they took the action because of her "outrageous and total disregard for court orders," said Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy..........

64 people at 200/mth in the same house.

Now that's a real estate investment.
Harv

Post by Harv »

tommy...andre and vic and a few others stayed in motels that were very close but much less expensive....dont know if UV is home yet , but im sure someone will chime in ....the answer is yes..just dont know offhand
When attending the first Montauk Rendezvous, My group stayed at the Snug Harbor Marina and Hotel. http://www.montauksnugharbor.com/home.asp. We took a 1 bedroom apartment for 4 people. It had a full kitchen, which was supplied with pots, pans, and utensils, a closed off bedroom, full bath, and a "living room" which had 2 more beds in it. I think we paid $610 for the rooms for the weekend and $90 for the slip per day. It is only a 10 or 15 minute walk from the Montauk Yacht Club.
Harv
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Living on Long Island for some seventy two yrs and counting, I would think that I could come up with something. First off ... New Jersey is a hellva' lot cheaper than our "East End". But you have to go thru the Bronx.

That being said, there are still opportunities. Take somebody elses problems and make them work for you. Works for me!

There is no doubt than the local officials are coming down on the houses that are putting up 20/30 people a night. In Nassau County (2 hours by car to Montauk/five hours w/315 Yannies), the tax man is changing the rate from residential to commercial thereby increasing the property tax five fold.

In Suffolk County(Farmingville), the cops are chasing these poor souls into the street.

Herein lies the opportunity: these houses are empty. Why can't the NorEast gathering of Eagles form a committee to take advantage to this??
We've got Faithfull out here. Like me!

Let's get it on and make a go of it.

Send a check, money order or cash(we like cash) or gift certificate for 50 gallons of 93 octane to me. Firsts ten applicants get a choice: ground floor or penthouse.