LED Running Lights?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

Post by bob lico »

vic are they led ? thats what i am trying to establish here .the most effective / discreet navigation lights.personally i think they look better on the hard top and they would be higher off the water .that is if you have a hard top or mounted on the alluminum bridge or hardtop supports.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Does the #3light have to be 3ft above the bow lts?
Wayne
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Bob,
Thanks anyway. I just got them ordered.
I appreciate it.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Sean B wrote:Any opinions on these lights from Attwood?

Attwood LED Nav Lights
Okay FYI, do not buy these. They are not stainless steel as advertised.

They are plastic junk that is not worth of being bolted onto any Bertram.

I should have stuck to the Perko recommendation (which is where I'm going next)
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

A while ago I posted some info (above) stating that the USCG does not certify specific bulbs as being acceptable for use in navigation lights, rather they certify the bulb and fixture together.

In my search today for info on LEDs I went to the Dr. LED site and learned from a recent press release there that my statement above is no longer correct. This link will take you to that press release.

http://www.doctorled.com/Dr_LED_PRESS_RELEASE_0612.pdf

Briefly stated, the USCG has certified that the Dr LED Polar Star 40 LEDs when used in Aqua Signal Series 40 fixtures meet their certification standards.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Dug

Post by Dug »

I have perko's and just bought the replacements in LED. I am tired of them coming on and off at random, caused by corrosion. I bought the exact replacement with the LED's and can't wait to get them on the boat. ON the sides of my flybridge.

Dug
loftcase

LED

Post by loftcase »

HI FROM EUROPE...
www.lopolight.com
BLUGAME.IT (BRAND FROM SANLORENZO YACHTS) USE IT.
REGARDS
need help from you all. INMINENT bertram 31 project
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

men we have to end this .the attwood,perko and all the rest are crap compare to the ones on the everglades!!!tommy you are a everglades owner could you call them and tell them you need a replacement?? i cannot he will figure i am up to no good . they are marked on front "uscg approved 2 mile".
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

The Attwood lights indeed were crap.

However the Perko ones I ended up getting are pretty nice. I added my own extra upgrade: I sealed the voids in the backside of the light frame by injecting silicone caulk before install, so not only are the LED lights fully sealed/encased, the whole assembly is encased. These are also USCG 2 mile lights.

Bob how would one obtain a pair of your "Everglades" lights anyway, short of a midnight ninja mission?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

sean i went to yacth sales in a rain storm i must be crazy. here is a photo of the led nav light . outter shell is stainless painted white to match boat . led light is sealed and place at a 45 degree angle within that slot . no outter screws showing very sleek . remove outter shell there is a black casing underneath that has allen key ss screw remove and light is on a "t-track" that is mounted on t-top. note the recess area of the light .i am telling you these guys blow away the rest not even close on inovations. that is if your willing to paid for them. know we have to find out who makes them for him (everglades). robbie at raybo marine has a hand in these rare marine accesaries he is the one who turn me on to gemlux co. the maker of my scuppers . unique and beautifull ss great fuctioning scubbers perhaps he can shed some light on the mystery nav. light builder.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473