yanmar type 6by260z

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

Post by bob lico »

zero cavity by any chance due you know the ratio of the bravo x-3? the ratio of the stern drive is stamp in the middle of the drive just below the transmission,which is the square section on top . the ratio is in the top of oval mid section.383 is the best gas power plant that could ever go into a 20' bertram .the bigblock is just to heavy unless aluminum heads,manifold,tubular heaters are use at great cost.the 383 will run circles around anything but highly modified big blocks it is all in the 6" rods with 1/4" stroke over 350" small blocks don`t be mislead into thing only 50hp more.this motor makes huge torque when set up.
beautiful instalation and illustrates what i try to say in prevous post ----no trans!!!this is the way it is done.perfect fit in engine compartment.tubular headers and cam change alone with 1.33 ratio/proped will put this moppie in the 70ies if that was your desire if not sit back and enjoy.in the interest of safety i should mention those of you who want a 20'bertram in the 70mph range MUST put a floor peddle and trim buttons on the wheel for god sakes don`t take your hands off the wheel.at 80mph and above you have to antipate any wave action and respond before you hit them.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Bob, sorry to take so long, I was away skiing for spring break. The dimension from the top of the stringer that the engine mount is bolted to to the bottom of the hatch cover - 35.25" fwd end 33.25" aft end. The stringer is 6" high, giving an overall height of 41" at the fwd end of the engine compartment.