Motor Value

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Keith Poe

Re: Motor Value

Post by Keith Poe »

I have a 351 roller motor with dart heads in my 24 skipjack.

Power was great but I was for ever chasing head gaskets.
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Salt or fresh water cooled?
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Orca heat exchanger
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

I wish you were here on Long Island we would pull it and cut O - ring groves in block and you problems are gone.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Keith you have one of the best aftermarket heads .i will also be using dart 200cfm on my engine with CNC cut combustion chambers.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Keith nice, is it a windsor? I have on my little Seaswirl 22ft a 351 Windsor she'll do about 42mph. I'm not a Ford fan but it's been good to me!
Bob every time you show that Vette I get an instant adrenaline rush, great year. I know you like the profile to fender distance, but you should get some ZR rated tires if your gonna be doing 150! I thought you rebuilt front and rear end correct? Important, our '80 Vette we raced SCCA GT class was all over past 100mph until we built the rear up. I'm sure they're kits to upgrade now from the Vette forums. Take a video when you get'r running at speed please!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Rocky that's last years photo.i purchase all the right brake caliper parts from precision in Florida .replace aluminum brake pistons with SS and O rings with all new M/C, stainless brake lines , brake hoses ,and high performance hawk brake pads.took her up to 100 mph. And jam my foot into brakes as hard as I could. Stopped straight as a arrow the only problem was the seat belt almost squeeze the life out of me.i need the 5 point harness and 3" wide belts.what color roll bar chrome or power coat

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I vote black powder coat , too much chrome could upset balance just my thoughts. Bob are you going to give us some 1/4 numbers from track when done- sounds like a well built motor good torque with extra stroke. There's always a low profile roots style blower that would fit under that cowl hood with injection! As a testament to good engineering the one I installed by Magnacharger 8 years ago now has 130K miles on it, when I installed truck had 37K. No issues at all, though I installed it for towing I love to blow by Honda" think they're fast" cars!
JohnV8r

Post by JohnV8r »

Bob,

Three things I love about you:

1. You're a gearhead.

2. You have a convertible out when there's snow on the ground.

3. You hurt yourself testing the limits of what your toy could do.

You only go around once...you might as well squeeze all the juice out of the lemon.

Chrome roll bar all the way to match the trim on your vette. A powder coated roll bar on a car with chrome bumpers, windshield trim, door trim, and pipes wouldn't look right.

Have you ever heard anyone say "There's too much chrome on that car"?

John
Bertram 31 - The Best Boat Ever Built
JohnV8r

Post by JohnV8r »

@Rocky: There you have it...two different opinions posted without seeing the other. LOL! Personally, I think you tie in the chrome trim on the windshield with a chrome roll bar.
Bertram 31 - The Best Boat Ever Built
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

I cannot do the supercharger thing because I already set up short block with 11.25 cr ( forged Keith Black pistons). Maxed out on 94 octane gas. I have hp turbo 400 with 2300 stall and those tires are my only ( safety valve) they break loose rather then destroy spindles or half shafts. This is a street car. The wide ovals are larger and wider then stock but still keep stock appearance.i choose a 1971 because it is the first year of factory flare wheel wells and perfect weight distribution.this is my 11th vette. And by far the best to drive and keep the old bumper look corvette.with offset trailing arms you can put any tire you want under wheel wells but I will keep this look for now.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Rocky here is the ZR rated 18" tires on a 1969 .the owner had to flare front and rear fenders to get the tires under car thus dimishing the resale I spoke about.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Model it after the Miss Mako Corvette
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Nice Bob yes, ZR rated tires bet that one corners to boot. I understand you want to keep yours within the look it has, plus street car.
John of course I'm going to be biased on the chrome thing I believe would upset balance but it's personal choice right- one 's not right or wrong!
BTW was at the boat show today and went aboard some of the ugliest boats I've ever seen at the famous "Home Of The SF Giants" AT&T Park on the water. Yuk!
You can buy a 39 Tiara open for 800,000. Oh boy, yea I'll jump right on that. Shows me just how good our boats really are walking through those.The replacement value equivalent to say our Sportfisherman is off the charts.

[Image
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

I was checking out some controllers for my transom I'm going to be installing on my transom and have some old ugly ones.

I took a look around eBay checking out some shiny ones for sale.

I saw the Yanmar 315 for sale and noticed he has sold two.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Yanmar-6LP ... f4&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Preston Burrows

Post by Preston Burrows »

Keith:

Put yours on E-Bay at whatever price you are hoping for and see what happens!
Preston Burrows
1976 B28 FBC
BERF1398M76J-285