Fiberglass hard top

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Fiberglass hard top

Post by JimmyG »

OK I just finished the boat and hopefully she will be on her way to Forked river diesel tomorrow, next project a fiberglass top for my newly constructed aluminum hard top. I'm thinking of making a jig out of wood frames with luan and laminating it then gel coat, glass and then divynacel finished with another layer of glass and gel ...any input or pictures would be much appreciated a specially making wire runs and a dome to fit an electric teaser reel
Thums Up

Re: Fiberglass hard top

Post by Thums Up »

Jimmy,

You can use my hard top as a templet if you want. It is at Holiday Harbor(Forked river Diesel). It will save you a ton of time and money.

If interested let me know. I or John Lane can show where it is. It is plenty big enough 10.5x11.5'

Greg
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thums Up wrote:Jimmy,

You can use my hard top as a templet if you want. It is at Holiday Harbor(Forked river Diesel). It will save you a ton of time and money.

If interested let me know. I or John Lane can show where it is. It is plenty big enough 10.5x11.5'

Greg
Thanks I'll check it out this weekend
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Cool, I should be there both days. Feel free to give me a ring. 610 306 1970 Greg
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

I may have looked at the wrong 31, is yours Fighting lady Yellow with teak transom?
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Jimmy, i have a Ray Hunt Chris Craft back in the corner of the fenced in part. The yellow bertram is one Fiberglass Pat is doing the work on out front. I have like a 65 hatteras in front of me, help to hide me, unless they moved it.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Jimmy

For Greg's boat you have to go into the fenced in area. Walk to the far left corner.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Figure out the crown with your tower guy

The 31 changes from bow to stern slightly. Look at the rattle and hum thread that tower is the clone to mine ( built off the same jig)

There is a hard top at carvers for a project I'm working on for a friend it's just been skinned. So you can see the wire runs and what not
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

JP Dalik wrote:Figure out the crown with your tower guy

The 31 changes from bow to stern slightly. Look at the rattle and hum thread that tower is the clone to mine ( built off the same jig)

There is a hard top at carvers for a project I'm working on for a friend it's just been skinned. So you can see the wire runs and what not
Thanks JP i'll look up where Carvers is, there is a yellow hull 31 near mine that has the same top, in fact it looks a lot like yours inside and out.
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

For wire runs I have used plastic wire mold from electric supply houses, come with a lot of termination type attachments,it will easily hold a pair of 10 ga wires,leave a piece of et string or nylon line in for future pulls, make sure u have a plan and document the location of the chase for the future