Calling Pete

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

Calling Pete

Post by Tommy »

Pete, I called the number I had for Richard Sabatini and it had been disconnected. If I find his address I will ride by his house where I had visited him many years ago.
Pete Fallon

Re: Calling Pete

Post by Pete Fallon »

Tommy,
Thanks for the info, I have a couple of people that were looking for some of the old eagles, not the flat plastic ones but the original raised cast ones, also the Bertram letters and numbers. I haven't sold my boat yet so if you know anyone looking for an express that's ready to go send them my way.
Going to Boston next Wednesday for the pre-op meeting with the doctor and gas passer on Thursday afternoon, they scheduled surgery on April 18 at Mass General. I went to local doctor yesterday for pre-op physical all okay, hopefully this will be the last time they have to replace my knee, number 16 on the same knee since 1978. How's things going up in NC.
Thank you,
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Godspeed Pete!! Lucky number 16 (I hope)!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Pete...

Good luck with #16!

Yesterday I was at an Orthopaedic Clinic with a Dr who does knees and hips.. I have a 43 year old injury to my right knee that has gotten somewhat worse and slightly painful over the past two years, and got a pre cortisone shot. Dr says he only operates after he has tried other alternatives. I kept thinking of you while he was poking the needle in!

Will be watching your reports on what happens to you!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

best of luck to you pete
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Pete, you will be in our thoughts and prayers re: your surgery; you are one tough customer! It's been a cold, wet, windy winter, but beautiful today with a great forecast for the weekend. Headed to the coast tomorrow. I wish you could make the NC rendezvous at some point. Like Pat and Bruce, you would fit right in!
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
Thanks for the encouraging words. This will be the last operation to repair the knee, if it don't work its coming off and Patrick can whittle a new peg leg out of teak, can't find a good piece of whale bone anymore.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61