Outriggers for my center console

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

TailhookTom

Outriggers for my center console

Post by TailhookTom »

Anyone have any strong feelings towards outriggers to put on my t top? I'm leaning toward these but am happy to hear discussion of pros and cons of others.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

http://8233-0.shptron.com/p/top-gun-rad ... e-15?pp=24
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Outriggers for my center console

Post by CaptPatrick »

Those are the ones... Don't get much sweeter!
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

Check out the Taco Grand Slam 380, they adjust completely from under the top no need to climb on the gunnels.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

The Rupps also adjust from below the T-Top....

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Al C
Standing Member

Post by Al C »

The Taco has two controls on the lower half one swings them out the other for elevation. Looks like you would need to go up top to change the elevation on the rupp.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I don't have any low bridges to go under so I don't think the elevation will be that critical -- since the boat has a pretty quick cruise, I won't be able to run with them fully extended and will be collapsing them when not deployed.

Tom
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

TailhookTom,
Those are the out riggers that we used when we were building the 34' Legend and 31' Jupiter, quality stuff and the black stuff that runs down the bases never happened with the Rupp's. E-tech in Riveria Beach also makes a nice set of top mounted riggers. I don't know if Rupp makes the electric operated top guns, I know they make them for the triple spreader rigs for the big battle wagons.
I am doing consulting work right across the street from Rupp at A&J Boatworks in Port Salerno(Stuart). I' will check for my price for you.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Pete Fallon wrote:TailhookTom,
Those are the out riggers that we used when we were building the 34' Legend and 31' Jupiter, quality stuff and the black stuff that runs down the bases never happened with the Rupp's. E-tech in Riveria Beach also makes a nice set of top mounted riggers. I don't know if Rupp makes the electric operated top guns, I know they make them for the triple spreader rigs for the big battle wagons.
I am doing consulting work right across the street from Rupp at A&J Boatworks in Port Salerno(Stuart). I' will check for my price for you.
Pete Fallon
Thanks Pete -- that's awfully nice of you! I'm just trying to keep it simple, with clean lines. I had Rupps on my Bertram and they were wonderful. Now with the 26' center console, I want something I can deploy from under the top but not have to worry about a lot of gadgets and poor design and workmanship -- when I went onto the Rupp website I was very impressed with this model. They aren't their high end models, but look quite serviceable for what I want them for. I think the 15' will work fine, but the 18s are what I know I want!

PM or email me at tannulli@yahoo.com when you get the information.

Best regards,

Tom