House Battery

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

House Battery

Post by JimmyG »

Time to think electric, in my other bertram i had a 4D deep cycle between the motors in the bilge for my house battery do you guys think thats the way to go or is there a better set up?
Dug

Re: House Battery

Post by Dug »

I have an 8D in the floor in front of the refrigerator in the cabin.

More reserved juice the better in my mind... Hope you are well Jimmy! Exhausts and scupper covers are looking good on Alchemy!

Dug
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks Doug, I thought I seen a post some time ago about batteries dam if I can find it! I thought there may be a better/lighter way to power the house
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Jimmy,

See: http://www.bertram31.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
gplume

Post by gplume »

Jimmy-

2 8d's for me. One for house and one in reserve for starting. I anchor out a lot....can get up 2-3 days before charging if i take it easy. I watch consumption with a link 20, and when down 50% i recharge. Or go out for a run. 150 amp alternators with "smart" regulators help to speed up recharge...no permenant generator, but i do have a portable Honda i lug along sometimes. I 8d between engines, and other is outside my port engine.
Giff
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

jim, Tim S. had installed an 8D on the starboard outside side for our house battery. I use 2 smaller batteries on the port side for starting both engines.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I had a special price on the old Rolls and Rae batteries when I redid Tailhook, so I splurged and had 3 8ds in her. One was outboard of Starboard Motor and two were encased in the the aft dinette seat - and yes it was vented in two directions! One did the port motor and the other was the house battery.

Tom