when the going gets tough the --------

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

when the going gets tough the --------

Post by bob lico »

well well here we are all alone because the other fishing boats cannot navigate the huge waves at fire island inlet. they don't understand "bertram weather"

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Re: when the going gets tough the --------

Post by MarkS »

Well Bob not all men are created equal...............not to mention their boats.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Honest mark it's all in the 31 Bertram with hydralic steering and the captain's rudders.the rest is easy
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Bob, I carried a set of Patricks rudders all the way to Cabo one year in the overhead compartment of the plane. I dropped them on the table at customs in Cabo and the guy looked at me and then tried to pick them back up. He said ¿Qué es eso? (what is that?) I said (Complete with wiggling hand motions) rudders for da bota! He said "Hey cavrone salir de aquí!" (Lover of goat take your stupid rudders and get out.....or something to that effect)

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Lmao a real good one!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Went down to the beach yesterday. Nice weather and a decent amount of boats out fishing. Looked like a couple of big sport fishers from bay shore were headed to the canyon.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

BTW. That's a frontal photo of the new innovation in canvass window technique .No more zipper U in EZ2CY or Esierglass .i have had both .this is a polormer " window" panel ( like looking out your living room window) it does not roll up or fold .you unzipper on three sides then hinged back and zipper to center bar inside tower completely out of the way.there are no snaps or buttons or any fasteners showing. A. Foam rubber strip to prevent water riding up windshield into slight opening between canvass and hull is eliminated then the three inch strip goes around hull in a nylon track which is permanently mounted to hull . The three inch strip has a zipper all around to fasten the individual panels so you have options on running with front off front and corners, or front and sides or any combination or remove all and fold back top to radar arch.------it work well!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Mark:

I'm still laughing as I write. I feel like I should translate. "hey cabron salir de aqui" = "hey ass*#%* get out of here!" "Cabron" may be confused to be a description of a "big goat" but it is not. In the Spanish speaking world it has different meanings beginning with the one I provided you. Another meaning is someone that has an unfaithful wife. If it is the other way around, unfaithful husband, it is said: "Cabrona". Please don't go to your wife and call her that because if she finds out what it means your are going to be in a heap of trouble.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Hueso you know Capt. lets me hang around here strictly for the entertainment value!

"Don't worry folks he'll be back. He's doing two shows tonight!"