Happy Thanksgiving

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by IRGuy »

Our household wishes yours a very happy Thanksgiving.. and please remember all our servicemen and women and their families when you sit down to enjoy your dinner today.. without them, and those who went before them, we might not be having a Thanksgiving celebration after all.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Navatech

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Navatech »

Thanks and a happy Thanksgivnukah/Thansgivukkah/Chanksgiving to all!...
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

A safe and happy Thanksgiving and Chanukah.......feel free to celebrate either or both as to whatever fits yah, but clearly ... if you can read this you have much to be thankful for.
And a special thanks to those out doing the dirty work away from their families and keeping us safe.
All the best !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends

We DO have a lot for which to be thankful.....

hb
hb
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Bertram Brothers, so many blessings and gifts to be thankful for. A special thank you to the service men and women that see to it that we may cherish our way of life. To those who gave the ultimate including Calvin Higgins who lost his life on the USS Morrission off Okinawa, your sacrifice will never be forgotten. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Bob H. wrote:Calvin Higgins who lost his life on the USS Morrission off Okinawa
152 good men perished on the USS Morrisson which, itself, was named after a Medal of Honor recipient (I'm a big Fletcher-class destroyer buff)… I wonder, was this Calvin Higgins related to the New Orleans Higgings of the Higgings Boat fame?!…
Bob H. wrote:your sacrifice will never be forgotten
Amen. And, it goes without saying, goes for all the brave men and women who have paid the ultimate price… Whether as military, law enforcement or other public service…
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Calvin was the only son of Leroy & Harriet "aunt Hattie" Higgins of Attleboro Massachusetts. Three times he had been turned away by the recruiters for various reasons, fourth one signed him up for the Navy. Calvin was a true sportsman I have several guns that he purchased during his young life that are some of my most prized possessions, 300 Savage lever action, JC Stevens double barrell 12gauge. I credit my love of the outdoors and my ability to build most anything to him, his mother would tell me stories of what that young man could build out of a chunk of wood. The only fitting way to honor his memory is to live my life for two, like he is riding shotgun coaching me to build this, hunt that, catch some fish and treasure your family..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?