yanmar 6LPDTE 250 Hp

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

STraenkle

yanmar 6LPDTE 250 Hp

Post by STraenkle »

Does anyone have this version of the 6LP series? Is this a decent engine for a 31? Any input would be appreciated.
Scott Traenkle
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

any enigine is a decent replacement for your ethonal filled morring anchors
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Any input would be appreciated

I guess I should qualify this with " Any input would be appreciated (except from Timmy)."
Scott Traenkle
goldfish74

Post by goldfish74 »

Its more than decent. We repowered with these 5 seasons ago after running the gassers for 25 years. If you would like detailed stats send me a message. I have kept pretty detailed fuel, speed, etc numbers since the install.
Jeff
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Scott it's the future crab bait wearing you down. You never would have missed that exclusion before
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

Jeff

I sent you a PM. Any info would be great.
And Timmy...I guess I am getting forgetful these days.
Scott Traenkle
Harv

Post by Harv »

Its more than decent. We repowered with these 5 seasons ago after running the gassers for 25 years. If you would like detailed stats send me a message. I have kept pretty detailed fuel, speed, etc numbers since the install.
Jeff
Hey Jeff,

Why don't you share the numbers with all of us?

Also, Mike Gilmartin has these engines in the Annie M.
Harv
goldfish74

sorry harv, didn't see your post

Post by goldfish74 »

Harv
I just saw this post, didn't mean to ignore you:

Real Quick- cruise at 24 all day, max cruise 28, top speed 31.5, all knots. Fuel burn averages 1.7 nautical mpg. Gauge doesnt move on a bay bass run slow trolling so god knows the economy there, and on an average canyon trolling trip we burn +/- 150 gal. for the 220-280 miles. That boils down to about 7 hrs at cruise and another 6-7 at tuna trolling speed.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i had them for a short time.removed them from the boat and sold them for a profit.cruise about 26knots.boat was stock with a waterloged cockpit deck i used stock 13/8" shafts and 4" exhaust.bert was oem with 504 cummins .
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Scott,

Forget about the Jap engines. Get yourself a pair of reman 6bta's. Don't be afraid to swing a big wheel and blow some smoke.
Gary Aydelotte

3208 cats 210 hp

Post by Gary Aydelotte »

Hi my name is Gary,Has anyone ever run 3208 cats 210 hp on a B31 with this power.if so is it a good set up.I now it won't set any speed records but should be fuel eff.and shoud get thousands of hours of use.Im looking at a 1972 B31 with this power put in in 1995.has approx.1100 hrs now.any in put would be very helpfull.Thanks
GET THE GAFF !
Michael Gilmartin
Standing Member

Yanmars

Post by Michael Gilmartin »

Scott:
I have the 260s it's my fourth season. I am happy with them. You can also put in 240s (4 cylinders.) Cummins factory remans, if inexpensive may be the way to go if you do not run up the hours.
The members with the the 240 Yanmars claim similar stats to mine with better fuel economy. I have a half tower and 5 kw generator too. I cruise between 22 and 24 knots. I have 250 hours on the engines. I had a starter solenoid go, other than that they have been great.
Feel free to contact me also.
Regards,
Mike G