Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill G.

amsoil

Post by Bill G. »

Anyone use Amsoil in their gassers? worth using?.................Bill G
Navatech

Re: amsoil

Post by Navatech »

I use synthetic oil in my cars but not in my gas boat or in my diesel boat… The gas boat's engine was already 10 years old when I got it and Detroit Diesel don't endorse it for the 2 strokes that I have… Plus, they're close to 30 years old anyway…

Depending on the engine(s) I would consider using it in a new boat though…
Carl

Post by Carl »

I have not used their oil...but I have used their Power Foam. Friend/customer is a dealer for them and when I had ethanol issues back some years ago he gave me the PowerFoam to clean out the Carb, Pistons valves etc. Told me it was the best stuff around. I had used every other product with little results so gave it a shot... the PowerFoam kept the motors running if I fogged after each use with a heavy dose. If I did not, I bent a rod or two on startup. Motors never ran well...but I could limp out to the bass grounds troll for a few hours and get back...fog with foam and I was good for next time. Spent a whole season doing that...few cases of foam and a couple boxs of push rods till I yanked the tank.

Basically in short..I like their product, my friends swears by them.
gplume

Post by gplume »

Use nothing but amsoil in my vw gti. Since some one just rear ended it( totaled) i won' t be able to determine if it really does lead to long engine life. Good stuff....

Boat gets dino oil, but its a diesel. Rotella... getting mixed signals on whether that is a good choice.
Giff
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I use Rotella T6 5w40 synthetic in my newer diesels. Regular Rotella in the rest. that is mostly based on convenience and price. Rotella is available at Walmart for a good price.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31