Need a another knee

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Need a another knee

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
I was in Ft Lauderdale at doctors office most of the evening, the results of the MRI showed not good news. The femoral (top part) is loose by 1 centimeter up and down weight bearing and the (bottom part)Tibia is loose 1.5 centimeter side to side and 2to 3 millimeters up and down. I have to have a bone density test this week and then I have to make a major decision on what to do. He told me use crutches, no survey work, no weight bearing, ice and elevation for 3 weeks minimum or until replacement surgery, which will be #17 on this same knee.

I am so sick of having either defective replacement parts or parts that my body rejects(poly ethylene, the old stuff not the new high density stuff).) Only good thing is that the last 3 replacements I haven't lost a lot of bone during the surgeries. So they don't have to lengthen the replacement parts or do bone grafts. Even the biggest ambulance chasers in NYC won't take my case, their excuse is that they can't find a common cause of failure why the knees are failing, meanwhile there are 100's of people that are having problems with the same manufacturer(Depuy) J&J, the devices have been banned in all the British Countries, ei: Australia, New Zealand, Wales, Scotland & Ireland. But not here. Someone is getting paid off here in this country.

So now the boat really has to go away, I just lowered the brokerage (United Yacht Sales, S.C) to 35K. Also all my gear, (4)Chaos trolling rods,(4) TLD 20's reels, (3) 6500 Bait runners and 7' spinners, (4)kites &(1) Electra mate 114 H Penn kite rod and assorted tackle has to go away. Charlie J are you still interested in the rods and reels?
Anyway I just had to vent to someone. Looks like I will be declaring bankruptcy, like the government will be doing pretty soon.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Todd Pearce

Re: Need a another knee

Post by Todd Pearce »

pete ,that news just sux , I`ve had a bone graft and its no fun, none at all ,I sure feel for you, my dads had a knee done and it all worked out thankfully,but I know a few that took a couple of goes to get right, I sincerely hope that things get better for you,and I`am sure it will ,keep the faith as they say, best wishes
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

pete I feel for you, 17 on one knee,
I sent you a e mail about the rods and reels, had to many other unexpected expences
come up and iam going to have to pass, I have my boat up for sale also.
lets hope they get this right this time, sounds like you have been thru hell
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pete,
If I can help in anyway possible, call me.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

That sucks Pete! Sorry to hear. Wishing you well.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage