bulk head removal ( Its OUT )

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

bulk head removal ( Its OUT )

Post by Todd Pearce »

This coming week I`am going to remove the rear bulkhead in my b42 to remove the engines and I know in a previous threat Capt Pat has told me its is completely removable, but I`am looking for as much insight/information on the process as poss ,so if anyone has any tips or photos etc I would love to hear from them
Regards Todd
Last edited by Todd Pearce on Oct 10th, '13, 00:38, edited 2 times in total.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: bulk head removal

Post by CaptPatrick »

Todd,

First remove the cockpit furniture, (tackle center, freezer, etc.), then any trim on the bulhhead, (inside and out). Remove the door and trim. Remove the vallence board under the brow, if you have one. This should expose the screws/bolts that hold the bulkhead in place. The bulkhead will come down in 2 pieces, small section to port and a large section to stbd.

Remove the bridge ladder and fighting chair pedistal and then remove the bulkhead...

This was the proceedure we used when I was helping remove the bulkhead of a B50 and should be pretty much the same for the B42. Sorry no images...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Todd Pearce

Re: bulk head removal help needed

Post by Todd Pearce »

so I`ve made a start, I`ve removed the trims and the valance and the two triangle quarter panels,behind these panels is 5(per side)bolts that appear to hold the lower outer bulkhead ,I`ve attempted to undo them but they just spin, It seems like they have nuts on the other side ,but, I cant see a way to get to them,i hope I`am missing something hear as I` am a bit stumped ,the rest appears to be going to plan any thoughts?? I thought worst case cut the bolt heads off,I`d like to avoid this if poss regards Todd
Todd Pearce

Re: bulk head removal ( Its OUT )

Post by Todd Pearce »

ITS OUT!!!, thanks to capt Pat and bruce for the help and advice ,It all went well, I had removed all the covers and caps,so this morning with the help of my boat builder to made a start and three hrs later it was out, I love these boats!! its all so logical,almost like a kit set, very well designed, So know its on to the engines which come out then of to be serviced etc,then painted
Thanks again to you guys for the help