Fishing Fun on the Can Do It

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Fishing Fun on the Can Do It

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Hey Faithful I ran 102 miles out this past weekend and had a blast . 3 days of fishing. I'm spoiled and ready to go again. Boat performed great. The head did go out but the old bucket method worked. Limited out in Red Snapper in 4 hours for a two day bag limit! Here's some photos:
We had a few more as the fileting operation already began when this was snapped
This big Gag was wraped around the poert prop. An avid diver and fireman went down to get it. Crazy guy!
One of several Gags caught
and another
Never caught this many Red Snapper ever in one sittting. Fish video showed no fish , just structure (ledge)!
What a rush to have a good trip and fish in a very low pressure area because of the distance. 243 miles round trip , 236.5 gallons of Diesel, 750 pounds of ice aboard. I carried 295 gallons of diesel, 4 big fish boxes, 2 full of fish to the top. Rest ice, 2 other food & drink coolers, bait cooler, frig in salon and lots of gear. No difference on performance of boat, Still 20 knots cruise and I checked WOT . Still 2950 with that load . I'm happy just used more fuel do to the extra weight. Over 2000 lbs extra

Now to rest up for another one shortly. Maybe some Peligics next time. I have never caught a "man in a blue suit" Maybe next time with some coaching. Cheers Dave K
[/img]
Keep Fishing...
Buju

Post by Buju »

Capt. Kosh,
That's quite the mixed bag... Snapper, Grouper, AJ's, Almaco, Porgies. Way to go sir. You'll be eating well for a while. Your fourth photo, the grouper with the "broomtail" that's a Scamp right?? Seems a shark beat you to one of those Gag's, can't win em all...Again, good job.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Capt. Dave,

Thanks for sharing the photos with us....and congrats on a great trip!

Tommy
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Yup Buju it's a Scamp and a big one to boot. Only wish I could do that more often. I got Pulley Ridge next in my sights. Crazy communications out there. HF SSB had so much noise on it that they could here me but some kind of noise (milatary?) I could not here them. Talked to Big Pine Key,Tampa and Orlando on VHF SSB though (I'm a Ham)
I haven't fished like that in 3 years. It was a real rush . I had no numbers just charts and studied them carefully before the trip. The stratigy worked. We were cleaning fish for a long time. Next trip I'm going to concentrate more on the Peligics. Dave K
Keep Fishing...