The Vulva IPS hits a new high?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

The Vulva IPS hits a new high?

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Got the new issue of Southern Boating today and featured is a 75' Lazzara bubble boat with four (4) Vulva IPS @ 435 hp per. 78,000# of Clorox bottle and claims 31 kt cruise with a stunning 375 mile range on 830 gallons.

The more I think about the IPS, the more I think they knocked off my original GPS power system. I may have to send them a trademark letter.....

Having 4 of those suckers reminds me of a twin engine plane I once flew that would not stay in the air on one engine.....The article claims if one fails you only lose 25% of your power....duhhhhhhh......Specs did not mention a price....

UV, always amazed....
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

.45 miles per gallon. horrible, but probably good for the size of the boat?
Carl

Post by Carl »

Reminds me of these scientist's doing a study on frogs:

They determine a Healthy Frog with 4 legs jumps 4 feet.

They cut one off one leg and re-test.
Determination- Frog with 3 legs jumps 3 feet.

They cut off a secound leg and re-test.
Determination- Frog with 2 legs jumps 2 feet.

They cut off a third led and re-test.
Determination- Frog with 1 legs jumps 1 foot.

They cut off the last leg and re-test.
Determination- Frog with No legs is deaf.
CMP

Post by CMP »

There's a tribe in Africa that believes if your picture is taken, your soul is taken as well. You three should feel welcome there-LOL! Fear of that about which you know little is indicitive of something. Dunno what, but certainly something. Have a fine eve...

CMP
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Mark, you just can't help yourself, can you? Once an asshole, always an asshole. You don't belong here, get lost. Faithful, ban him, don't even give him the pleasure of an answer. You just don't get it.

UV
CMP

Post by CMP »

Vic, you just can't help yourself can you? You denegrate new things without the benefit of understanding them. Faithful, pity him and his new-phobia. Don't give him the benefit of an explanation for said pity. 900 units in the field without a failure so far, Vic. Yep, real junk . You just don't get it. :-D ...

CMP
randall

Post by randall »

has nothing to do with weather the system works or not.....has to do with the very high standard of how we treat each other on this site......which sets us apart from most other sites (except timmy of course)
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

CMP, Buddy??? Havin a bad day ??? Need a hug brother ???? Chill out.......
Somebody stand by with the anti-venom !!!!!!!!
Mitch
CMP

Post by CMP »

No worries Randall. When Vic continually slams things about which he has little or no practical experience, the other side can be put forth, without name-calling and fits of pique, even with a little humor injected. When my opinion about Yanmars was assailed, I backed off because it was just that, my opinion based on anecdotal evidence of their failures in a small amount of cases. The cases were factual BUT, others had diff't experience, so to continue to bash Yanmars based on my limited experience with them was pointless. That said, facts are facts, opinion is opinion and when people present the latter as the former, a lively discussion can ensue. When one degenerates matters to name-calling and calls for shunning, said lively discussion becomes nothing but noise. When you have the facts, pound the facts. When you have the law, pound the law. When you have nothign, pound the table. Vic should remember that from his law school days and stop pounding the table. Just one non-name-caller's opinion. Have a fine day...

CMP
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

This is not the UFC website!!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

CMP,
I'm sorry your personal life is going so badly that you're in such bad humor , as your posts are certainly indicative of this. I sincerely hope it improves.
P.S. I don't think Randall is worried.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Kevin,
Not bad mileage for a 75' boat@31 knts. using 1700 or so HP.

Any results from those tests in the Keys you were guarding or are they secret?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Never heard anything about it. The weather was pretty terrible during the time frame of the test. The guys down here never heard anything about it either so I am guesing it was delayed.