Need surveyor/mechanic in the FT. Lauderdale area

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Hueso

Need surveyor/mechanic in the FT. Lauderdale area

Post by Hueso »

A good friend of mine is hoping in a plane as I write to check on a CABO 35 with what seems to be twin CAT he found through the internet at National Liquidators. He has no experience with diesels. Before committing to the boat he needs someone (marine surveyor/mechanic) to help him. Needless to say, he will pay for the service. Therefore, anyone around here from FT. Lauderdale or adjacent area that I can put in touch with my friend that may provide him a contact number for a surveyor/ mechanic in the area.

This is the boat: http://www.yachtauctions.com/inventory/8335/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was a last minute thing but it is worth the trip for the money he would be paying for the boat. Thanks in advance for any help.

David "Hueso" Fernandez
Marlin

Re: Need surveyor/mechanic in the FT. Lauderdale area

Post by Marlin »

Peter Fallon is good, I recently bought a 29 hinkley, he picked it apart, bought the boat forv40$ k less than they were asking,old time surveyor,knows his stuff
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Marlin:

Great! Peter is the right guy. Thank you.

Pete:

Shoot me your contact info at abogadopr@hotmail.com to ascertain if it is possible to arrange a survey this weekend.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Hueso,
I hope your friend is not just looking at the pictures of that Cabo. I was down to Liquidators in Ft Lauderdale a few months back. Most of the boats are not worth what they are asking, they are units that have been written off or full of mold. I will go down to Ft. Lauderdale and look at this boat on an hourly basis. Have him e-mail me at Fal4artbts@aol.com or call 561-310-7179 my cell for my rates and when he wants me to look at it. I don't speak Spanish but we can work around it.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Pete:

Thanks. I just submitted a message to him with your info. His name is Israel Umpierre and he speaks English.

David "Hueso" Fernandez
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

This is late to chime in, but, Pete just did my survey and it was the best, most thorough survey I have ever seen. Survey's usually aren't something to get excited about; however I find myself reading it again and again. I would highly recommend him to anyone reading this post now or in the future.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Heuso,
I have been in contact with your friend via e-mail this morning. Gave him a few tips on what to look for on the Cabo. He said he would get back to me after he looked at it this morning. Thanks for the contact with him. As far as I am concerned most everything at that yard is already junk or beyond reasonable cost to get back into good condition, however once in a great while they do have a good one.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Thanks Pete. I hope he found the "the good one".