Curtains for '91 B 28

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt Rex
Location: Vessel: Stock Island, Fl; Me: Malibu, CA when not on board

Curtains for '91 B 28

Post by Capt Rex »

By chance, does anyone know/have a source for replacement interior curtains whereby the maker has the spec's and can make without having to come and measure? Specifically the 2 side slider windows (starboard side over the settee and port side over the galley), the 2 operable back windows (one behind settee bench and the one above the head) and the side window above the the sink in the head. I don't cover the interior front windshield and there is fabric curtain on the door window held with 4 snaps in the corners (the rest are hung with little aluminum rails that hold the little plastic T slides attached to the curtains).

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions. Rex
Kevin

Re: Curtains for '91 B 28

Post by Kevin »

Capt Rex,

I could not find them when I was looking. I ended up having a local that does boat canvas work whip some up for me. I just bought some of those plastic t hook thinks and had them sewn into the new fabric. Anyone that does sunbrella bimini tops and canvas work should be able to make them for you. I do not remember what I paid, but it is worth it to keep the temps inside below 125!
Capt Rex
Location: Vessel: Stock Island, Fl; Me: Malibu, CA when not on board

Re: Curtains for '91 B 28

Post by Capt Rex »

Thanks Kevin, guess it won't be a quick order fix- I'll look for a local curtain maker...