Boater's question on "The Hull Truth"

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

Boater's question on "The Hull Truth"

Post by IRGuy »

I visit The Hull Truth regularly and am often amazed at some of the questions people ask. There are lots of very knowledgeable boaters there, and their posts/answers are right on the money, but there are some questions (and occasional answers) offered by others that are really off the chart on the other end. I realize that I have been fortunate to have been hanging around boats for many years and others may be new to them, and I don't want to come across as elitist.. but this post really jumped out at me..

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... aster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Re: Boater's question on "The Hull Truth"

Post by mike ohlstein »

I have a friend who used to sell motorcycles. People would invariably ask which one was the fastest.

Her answer?

The red one, of course.......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Mike:

Many years ago I was giant fishing out of Morehead City on a regular basis. Most of the time we drove down. One trip I was stuck in meetings (work got in the way of Bluefin!!!) and I ended up flying down into the New Bern airport. Knowing that our crew drove down 3 guys in a F150 which only had a bench seat, I figured I would rent a car and drive it back. So I called down to the car rental to remain nameless and asked what was the biggest car they had available to rent. The young lady answered "the white one."

Tom
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

My dad always told me, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.